Request For Quote- .125" AL plate, cut (mill or laser), bent .125" ID bends

Status
Not open for further replies.

sporqster

I need at least one of each of these bracket components made. After evaluation of the prototype, we will likely be interested in a small production run of 20-30 of each.

We would ultimately like them to be anodized black, please quote this as a line item if you have the facilities for anodizing.

Please quote price & lead time for 1,5,20, & 50 parts.

SolidWorks models available, as well as dxf's or any other 2D or 3D format that I can export.

Any questions, just ask!

Chris Moore
Ciholas Technologies
www.ciholas.com
(812) 962 9417

Attachments

• h00348_.pdf
    33.5 KB · Views: 106
  • h00349_.pdf
    32.4 KB · Views: 54

Niceland Mfg

Dear Chris Moore,

This is Wayne from NICELAND MFG.

That's my great pleasure to quote your job.
Could you please confirm me if we can use Aluminum 6061-T6 instead of Aluminum 5052 for quote or making thoes 2 kinds of parts?
It's difficult to buy the material of Aluminum 5052 here in China.
Thanks and I will quote you ASAP once I receive your confirmation.

I would appreciate the opportunity to work with you and your company.
Please free to let me know if question.

Best regards,

Wayne Lee
Manager of Int'l Dept.

Yongkang Niceland Industrial & Trade Co., Ltd.
Henan Industrial Zone, Dongcheng
City of Yongkang, Zhejiang
China 321300
Telephone: + 86 (0) 579 87220011
Facsimile: + 86 (0) 579 87220411
Email: support@niceland.cn
Gmail: nicelandmfg@gmail.com
www.niceland.cn

sporqster

6061 will be fine for the prototypes

6061-T6 will be fine for the prototypes (provided they don't stress fracture!). If it works well, it may be OK for the production run as well.

Thanks!

Last edited:

Shelby964

Just a heads up on the use of 6061 for this part, it will probably crack do to the .125 bend radius that you have listed on the pdf file. You will probably need 5052 or 3003 aluminum plate as the tensel strength is not as high and less prone to cracking.

George

Niceland Mfg

To Chris Moore

Dear Chris Moore,

Good morning,

Many thanks for your kind confirmation on the material.

Yesterday, I thought I quote those parts by mechanical stamping process but our engineer confirmed me that he was afraid that the 6061 plate will be cracking during the mechanical stamping because of 0.125" thickness of aluminum plate and high tensel strength. But he said it will resove this problem of cracking if we use the hydraulic stamping process instead of mechanical stamping process.

Meanwhile, thanks for Mr. George 's suggestion and he was right.
5052 or 3003 aluminum plate are excellent for bending or prototype.

Best regards and have a nice weekend,

Wayne Lee
NICELAND MFG

6061-T6 will be fine for the prototypes (provided they don't stress fracture!). If it works well, it may be OK for the production run as well.

Thanks!

Niceland Mfg

To George

Dear George,

How are you?

Many thanks for your kind suggestion on the material.
You were right and 5052 or 3003 aluminum plate were better for bending or prototyping than 6061aluminum plate.

Thanks again and have a nice weekend,

Wayne Lee
NICELAND MFG

Just a heads up on the use of 6061 for this part, it will probably crack do to the .125 bend radius that you have listed on the pdf file. You will probably need 5052 or 3003 aluminum plate as the tensel strength is not as high and less prone to cracking.

George

Status
Not open for further replies.