Prototype Needed 6.5in diameter 6061 wheel halves

Status
Not open for further replies.

kdoerksen

I am looking for qty 4 of a prototype wheel half, 6.5in diameter, 2.4in long, Al6061. Could also be metal spun if you have that capability (0.125in thickness).

Please contact if you would like the drawing to quote.

helmuthkroog

Hello:

We would like to see if this is something we could mill competitively on a cnc rather than turn on a lathe. If you would forward a drawing or step file, we would be happy to provide you a bid. Please send files to helmuth@qtfabrication.com

Best regards: Helmuth Quick Turn Fabrication LLC

Dualkit

6 inches is comfortable on my largest CNC Lathe. 6 inch diameter is the max on a lot of CNC lathe models, that is probably why no lathe guy responses, I know it's not because everyone is busy. I have gone up to 6.5, but it takes some "Don't try this at home efforts" send me the print, depending on the configuration I might be able to do it. My e-mail is info@steelwright.com,..........Bob

rowdy

My cnc lathe is comfortable with up to 10 inch stock. I do 8 inch aluminum bearing unit housings no problem.

The one thing that makes me leary about turning what I read above is the .125 thickness. That is chatter city.

Rowdy

Dualkit

I know this job is closed, I was in a conversation with the buyer to make it, and I think he found someone cheaper.

thrasher

Need Rims Turned

We make make several rims for R/C Cars. We can look at what you want and get back to you with a cost. We are a complete CNC shop. Vertical and Horizontal milling centers, CNC Lathes and CNC Swiss Screw.

If you are still looking for a source, please let us know!

Best Regards, Mark Thrasher

sales@thrasherwelding.com

Status
Not open for further replies.