Request For Quote- Adapter Bracket

Status
Not open for further replies.

terror_storm

Okay, let's give this another go'round:

I am interested in getting a quote on producing the following part. I would like quotes for a quantity of 10, 20, and 40. The overall dimensions are shown in the screen shot, and the thickness is ~0.33". The material should be either 1018 or 4140 or something along those lines.

Thanks!

Jeremy

QuoteDrawing.jpg

Milledto330.jpg

Dualkit

Open bidding creates a reverse auction, a person posting an open bid is guaranteed to get undercut, why people continue this practice is beyond me.

ltmquik

Terror_storm,
Pricing, delivery, and terms ar as follows:

10 pcs: $18.00 each
20 pcs: $15.00 each
40 pcs: $11.00 each

Material: 1018 or 4140

Delivery: 2 weeks

FOB: 83854

Terms: Payment recieved prior to shipment via PayPal, Credit card, or Wire Transfer.

A detailed drawing will be required prior to acceptance of purchase order.

Thank you,

Jeff Lange

Dualkit

You guys don't learn do you? This open bidding should get this under Chinese prices. Glad I gave up bidding mill work on here.

Dualkit

I bid on lathe work only. I gave up on the mill work in here. Why do you openly post your prices to help drive the profits for mill work down to what a person can make delivering pizzas? People like you are part of the problem of why mill work goes dirt cheap in here,
and you are too arrogant to realize you are hurting yourself along with everyone else. I am sure someone has already sliced 5-10% off your prices and PM'ed the guy, you guaranteed yourself a losing bid by openly posting, but did it anyway. I can see a new guy who doesn't know what a private message is doing that but you have no excuse.

Jason@cncport

I bid on lathe work only. I gave up on the mill work in here. Why do you openly post your prices to help drive the profits for mill work down to what a person can make delivering pizzas? People like you are part of the problem of why mill work goes dirt cheap in here,
and you are too arrogant to realize you are hurting yourself along with everyone else. I am sure someone has already sliced 5-10% off your prices and PM'ed the guy, you guaranteed yourself a losing bid by openly posting, but did it anyway. I can see a new guy who doesn't know what a private message is doing that but you have no excuse.

Jeremy- No disrespect to your posting/RFQ request but I got to chime in here.

Yeah, this Open Bidding needs to stop. The owners need to reign in this site and ban guys that do this. IMO, this site could be a great asset for quoting work and finding new customers for both the consumer and manufacturer, but with private bidding only.

I was once scammed into signing a contract with one of these large RFQ companies that I call Last Index, and they would do something like this with their premier clients. Letting the Quality guys do the honest leg work and then freely discuss Quotes behind the scenes and with other clients.

In time, what could end up happening here is that alot of the Quality guys will disappear, leaving a large portion of Underbidding users that will just slash one another openly and continuely. That doesn't promote a responsible atmosphere.

ltmquik

PM Sent....

I was not aware that there was a rule against open bids. I will not post any more open bids as I do see some of you all's concerns. I personally quote in an honest attempt to win lasting relationships with my customers. If I loose money doing a job what is the point. As far as off shore suppliers winning, that is the discretion of the customer placing the order with those vendors. As an aside, I commend those customers that request that only domestic vendors bid on jobs. My $.02...

Jeff Lange

Matt@RFR

Jeff, thanks for taking the critisism how it was intended and actually listening, not just getting pissed off. I understand where you're coming from; When I quote a job, I'm proud of my prices vs. my quality, but I still don't want other shops to see my prices because they will just knock $5 off the parts and that's their quote. Pretty soon, like others have allready said, we're down to China prices and it's not worth anyone's time to even bother with it. It gets frustrating because you KNOW nobody can do a good job and earn a fair wage at the prices that a lot of these parts go for.

One thing that I find very interesting is when we (regularly) get into conversations like this one, the low ball people never reply. That tells me that they are either embarassed by what they are doing, or they just don't give a shit. Either way, that's not the person I want making parts for me.

Good luck with your future quotes. You'll need it. :)

By the way, are you SURE you can make these parts for $11/ea and make a profit?? Say you're even as low as $40/hr and material is $4 per part... That works out to a total of 3.1 hours (4.6 minutes each part) to scratch your head, program, set tools, figure out and setup work holding, face BOTH sides so the part doesn't bannana, machine and Q/A, package and set up a shipment. Aint no way.

Dualkit

Some insight as to wether this has been or will be awarded would be helpful.

Jeff Lange

He is probably waiting for the price to get lower, open bidding has got it to $10 on a part with $4 of material, if I was him I would let it go longer. He might get them for material cost and someone might hand deliver them and buy him dinner.

kvnlrndt

lee tooling
He is probably waiting for the price to get lower, open bidding has got it to $10 on a part with $4 of material, if I was him I would let it go longer. He might get them for material cost and someone might hand deliver them and buy him dinner.

that job is so simple guys
im just trying to get in here
shit id do that fer free to get in with a good payin customer on here
i have 12 years exp with magna keeping ther car part dies running
2 wire edms i cincinatii falcon lathe mastercam 10
5 -12/18 surface grinder
18/24/12 heat treat oven
3 axis prototracs mills and their new lathe
and every kind of tig rod thats out there

KIMFAB

Prototypes
I was glad to see the open bidding. I looked at the price and immediately decided it wasn't worth my time.
I'm semi-retired and own my shop but have better things to do than work for peanuts. Converting beer to urine comes to mind.

sebtool

Bs

that job is so simple guys
im just trying to get in here
shit id do that fer free to get in with a good payin customer on here
i have 12 years exp with magna keeping ther car part dies running
2 wire edms i cincinatii falcon lathe mastercam 10
5 -12/18 surface grinder
18/24/12 heat treat oven
3 axis prototracs mills and their new lathe
and every kind of tig rod thats out there

The problem with your line of thinking here, and this IS the voice of experience, is that you'll do the prototype work for nothing -exactly what your 'new customer' wants. You'll do the engineering, programming, get them thru the developement stages, tweak their design, iron out the problems, and give them advice on how to manufacture the part better, cheaper, faster. All in the expectation of just a little bit of 'customer loyalty', because that's how you would do it. And they'll still have the gall to think the drawings and programs you developed should be their property. FREE OF CHARGE.

In the real world, Joe Blow Inc., will milk every bit of free info and work they possibly can out of you, regardless of whether it 10 minutes or 10 days worth, and then put the finished product out for bids for the lowest possible price. It doesn't matter if you get underbid by $.05 on a $200 part, you still got beat, and the bean counters are going to make the company take the lowest bid! Period. And they WILL divulge every bit of information you've given them (FOR FREE!) in the hopes of making more money, to make their books look better this quarter, and get an 'attaboy' from their bosses.

With the advent of the internet and chinese/mexican sweatshops, the only damn thing that matters is the almighty dollar. It doesn't matter if you're the purchasing agent's little brother or homosexual lover, or you're employing 20 people in small town that needs the work to help it stay afloat in this economy.

The corporate mindset these days precludes any sort of customer/vendor loyalty at all. Just keep that in mind when they're playing you like a fiddle.

Status
Not open for further replies.