cleaning mustard from steel

Discussion in 'Steel' started by lucy, Feb 4, 2010.

1. lucy

lucy
    UK
    Hello;

I have a strange practical issue. I picked up a steel barrel which was used to store dijon mustard. I intend to use the steel to fashion a hood for a small rivet forge. But, although the barrel has been cleaned, it still has a very strong smell.

My question is: how can the mustard smell be neutralized? and, what would be the best way to prepare the steel?

Thanks

2. Responce

Try a mild muriatic acid bath.

Make a small batch and treat a place on the bottom of the barrel.

I would start with maybe 2 % by volume to tap water and test. If should etch the material thus remove any stain or smell.

Regards

3. ethanlds

ethanlds
    Cleaning mustard from the steel is a mining process which purified the steel. it remove the mix material from the steel and make the clean steel product. really i am so impress by visit your website which provide better information about how to clean the steel. really this is very beneficial website to the industry person.

4. kendricknds

kendricknds
    india
    Cleaning mustard from the steel is a mining action which antiseptic the steel. it abolish the mix actual from the animate and accomplish the apple-pie animate product. absolutely i am so affect by appointment your website which accommodate bigger advice about how to apple-pie the steel. absolutely this is actual benign website to the industry person.