Awarded Quote [closed] Slicing Thoriated Tungsten Rod

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pat T

Hello,
I will be posting this to a few of the forums since the process is not specified and open for suggestions. Turning Work seems like a good place to start.
1) Material type: 2% Thoriated Tunsten welding rod .040" diameter
2) Material is required. A suggested source is given in the drawing.
3) Quantity: 200, 500, 1000, 5000 pcs (Will select one quantity based on pricing)
4) Drawings: provided in attachment
5) Required time frame: 1-2 weeks aro, sooner is always better.
6) RFQ ending time: After today (4-18-17) I will be out of the office until Monday the 24th Hope to award an order within a day of returning.
7) I will be happy to provide full contact info upon first email intro.
8) I have a reasonable picture of processes that could work to achieve this task but am open to any suggested method. End finish is not critical.
9) It is important to note that breathing or ingesting the dust from this process can be hazardous. The MSDS is available at the suggested suppliers web site. This is standard TIG welding rod which people use and grind all the time but health precautions should be observed.

Thanks very much for taking the time and I look forward to working with you.
-Pat

Attachments

• IRH007 - Sheet1.pdf
    25.7 KB · Views: 81

Mike Marquez

Hello,
I will be posting this to a few of the forums since the process is not specified and open for suggestions. Turning Work seems like a good place to start.
3) Quantity: 200, 500, 1000, 5000 pcs (Will select one quantity based on pricing)
6) RFQ ending time: After today (4-18-17) I will be out of the office until Monday the 24th Hope to award an order within a day of returning.
8) I have a reasonable picture of processes that could work to achieve this task but am open to any suggested method. End finish is not critical.
9) It is important to note that breathing or ingesting the dust from this process can be hazardous. The MSDS is available at the suggested suppliers web site. This is standard TIG welding rod which people use and grind all the time but health precautions should be observed.

-Pat
Hi Pat,
I believe we can help. We have the capability of EDM wiring those rods. It may be a more efficient way to save on material and time. I'm not sure if Tungsten rods are able to cut in this fashion, but something to note. Let me know if we can help.

Mike Marquez
Master Mold of VA
5875 Jefferson Ave.
Newport News, VA 23605
Office: 757-868-8283
michael@mastermoldofva.com

Hello,

-Pat
We believe we may be able to help you with this project. Please email me at jordanmach1@frontiernet.net as I have some further questions.
Thomas Lacey
Jordan Machine Inc
1241 Ridgeway Ave, Ste I
Rochester, NY 14615

Matt Roth

Hello,

-Pat

We can supply these for you. I worked up a quote and have it ready. If you would like to contact me I can email it to you.

Matt Roth
Horizon Industries
410 S 12th Street
Columbia, PA 17512
http://www.horizoninds.com
matt@horizoninds.com

Thanks!

Pat T

I really appreciate all the quick responses. I believe I have replied back to all contact requests.
-Pat

Pat T

Just a quick update. This order has been awarded, thanks to everyone who followed up / submitted quotes.
-Pat

Status
Not open for further replies.