Request For Quote- Drive Pins, RFQ ASAP

Status
Not open for further replies.

cnckid

Owner/Machinist
I need to have some special bolts made. I would like to get 100 pcs for approval and field testing, and then follow that up with an order for 1,000 pcs. What I need is basically a 1/4-20 x .50 long SHCS that has the head portion .100 longer than stock and the head diameter to be .351 ±.002, no knurl. Parts should be made from high tensile strength material, I'm thinking 4142, but will consider options. These are drive pins that locate into a mating part. I can draw something up in acad or solidworks if someone can make these parts. I need these ASAP.
Thanks,
Mike

cnckid

Owner/Machinist
We need some hardness to them, 28-32 Rc, for wear, which is why I thought maybe pre-heat treated material would be the way to go. Our main objective is to have a strong core to prevent shearing off. We have used standard alloy SHCS in the past and just turned down the head, but we need more engagement, the reason for a head that is .100 longer. I will make a quick drawing and post it later.

cnckid

Owner/Machinist
I made a quick solidworks model of the modified SHCS that I need. This is in pdf format. It is late, actually early morning now, so let me know if I left off any info anyone needs. I would like to place the order for the 100 sample pcs by 9/24 so we can get them in the field for testing. Thanks to any and all who take the time to respond.

Attachments

• DRIVE PIN.PDF
    233.3 KB · Views: 97

cnckid

Owner/Machinist
I have received 2 quotes so far, and will be placing the order for the 100 samples at the end of the day, Wednesday, 9/24. I plan on placing the order with a single vendor for both the sample run and the production run.
Thanks,
Mike

MikeMc

I have received 2 quotes so far, and will be placing the order for the 100 samples at the end of the day, Wednesday, 9/24. I plan on placing the order with a single vendor for both the sample run and the production run.
Thanks,
Mike

PM sent, Thanks!

cnckid

Owner/Machinist
Many thanks to all who responded. I have released the order to TimD, a member of this forum.
Thanks again,
Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.