laser or waterjet plus bending job

Status
Not open for further replies.

rb1

Hi Gang,

I need some quotes on a job we may need done... this is made from .060 aluminum and requires two bends.
sizes:
top 3" x 6" long
sides are bent at 90 degrees, and are 1.5" tall.

Holes dia is .575

I would like some options on either etching or thru cutting the text "FRONT" on one end, and possible a logo on the sides (not in picture).

I have to compare this price against an existing product... ours has a few enhancements, but maybe not worth it depending on prices we get back.

First run would be short, at 25.. need prices on 50 & 100 quantities also.

thanks, and if I left something out, please ask for clarification,

I have attached a .zip of a quick (rough) pdf drawing,

thanks,
rb

Attachments

• index plate.zip
    93.9 KB · Views: 57

service_75

Holes

Hole locations are missing, Center to center. Even though you have this post in water/plasma forum, can this job be done via shear & ironworker. As for the text, could this be engraved or vinyl print etc... just wondering. let me know @ service_75@live.com attention Jason. Thanks

rb1

Hi,

I don't have final center to centers drawn up yet, I did not think it was required just for a quote. they will be 8 evenly spaced on the top... nothing super critical.

I need it etched or thru cut, vinyl would not stand up. I did not think of shear and brake work as an option, thanks for suggesting that.

I should clarify that the outside dimensions are loose enough tolerances that a shear would be fine.... post or PM your price and include your tolerances, I might be able to live with it...

thanks all,
rb

service_75

offer is quote of ($22 dollars U.S per unit@25) (20 per unit @50)(18@100)finished with cut thru text. All other dimension's (+or-) .0625"
shipping extra via UPS or your choice. Production time 5 days shipping on a friday. 30 percent of total due prior to invoice shipment,
remainder due opon visual inspection by you via email. Shippment to follow after confirmation from paypal, mastercard, visa payment. Thanks And hope to hear from you,
service_75@live.com

rb1

Hi Gang,, what a wide range of pricing I am getting. I appreciate the time everyone has taken to quote it, but quite simply I can purchase a finished product for $9.00... and that includes about $2.89 worth of grommets and edge mouldings, plus assembly time. So I am looking at a price for the index plate in the $3-$4 range to make it even worth while to do.

Perhaps I should not have been so specific about the laser or waterjet machines... and maybe a punch would be fine... so here is the last chance before we order the finished product on Monday.

If you have a process that can do this job, in that price range, then list your price AND the tolerances you could hold.

Again, I very much appreciate the people who have contributed, so THANK YOU.

rb

service_75

I could possibly do the bends and hole locations for around 10 dollars each with no text @25 units. <8 dollars @ 50>.< 6 dollars @ 100>. Sorry I can't beat 9 dollars and I would think not to many people could, so best of luck.

niagra waterjet

quote for .060 job

Hi Gang,

I need some quotes on a job we may need done... this is made from .060 aluminum and requires two bends.
sizes:
top 3" x 6" long
sides are bent at 90 degrees, and are 1.5" tall.

Holes dia is .575

I would like some options on either etching or thru cutting the text "FRONT" on one end, and possible a logo on the sides (not in picture).

I have to compare this price against an existing product... ours has a few enhancements, but maybe not worth it depending on prices we get back.

First run would be short, at 25.. need prices on 50 & 100 quantities also.

thanks, and if I left something out, please ask for clarification,

I have attached a .zip of a quick (rough) pdf drawing,

thanks,
rb

I can do these parts for 4.50 each plus shipping, the middle of the letters "R" and "O" will fall out on the waterjet unless they are tabbed.I can get the parts engraved on a mill, or laser engraved, but I cannot get a quote on the engraving today.
Thanks,
Jim
ps... waterjet tolerance plus or minus .02

Status
Not open for further replies.