Request For Quote- Machine 6061-T6, 1/8in in Long Island, NY (Nassau County)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doug Baldwin

Will pay fair price for 6061-T6 1/8in, cut, drilled, tapped for 3m bolts, and bent. Total of seven unique pieces, about 1in x 6in each. Prefer machinist local to me in Long Island, NY, so minor adjustments can be quickly implemented. Will pay for minor adjustments too. Expect this is one day's work initially, and then a half day here and there, through the end of this summer. I personally have the basic skills, but sadly no equipment. Would like to contract with a competent local worker.

Thanks for considering this opportunity,
Doug

omaps

I'm certainly not local but can do this work, e-mail a sketch of what you need and I'll give you a price.
Simon

fortitudewi

im not local but please concider me for this or future jobs, i represent three startups in kenosha wi
fortitudewi @yahoo.com
when the economy collapsed many excellent machinists found themselves out of work.three of us formed our own shops and are now looking to put food on the table.

Dualkit

Will someone please tell me why people are looking for work in OLD threads? If you can't read dates I am damn sure you can't read a blueprint.

KTD1

Just Relax!

Will someone please tell me why people are looking for work in OLD threads? If you can't read dates I am damn sure you can't read a blueprint.

Have you never made a cold call?
Are you the electron police?
Why does it bother you?

If the buyer doesn’t want to be bothered maybe they should close the thread!

Dualkit

What bothers me is seeing what looks like something new to bid on, only to go back through the few recent postings, sometimes a page that very day and find it is something quite old. Complete waste of time. This did not seem to happen when I first joined. In this horrid economy sometimes jobs get awarded quickly so to insure on not missing out a person needs to check in every few hours. Nothing like thinking "Cool a new job to bid on" and it ends up being something up to 2 years old being brought back to life. I doubt someone is visiting their 2 year old threads looking for new vendors, most RFQ posters are one hit wonders, some jobs are never made. If posting in old threads is "cold calling" I doubt it yields anything other than wasting your time and mine. This practice just tells me the economy is worse than ever, to me it makes people look desperate. A lot of us might be "desperate" but no need to appear that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.