mold removal from leather

moldremoval

I have my leather couches in storage. There was a leak in there and now they have mold on them. Can they be saved. They've had mold since April of 2009. We are moving into an apt soon and I do not know if this is a health hazard if we cleaned them. Can they be cleaned and with what? Will the mold grow back?;)
couach-mold.jpg

moldremoval

Do molds affect my health?

Most molds do not harm healthy people. But people who have allergies or asthma may be more sensitive to molds. Sensitive people may experience skin rash, running nose, eye irritation, cough, nasal congestion, aggravation of asthma or difficulty breathing. People with an immune suppression or underlying lung disease, may be at increased risk for infections from molds.

A small number of molds produce toxins called mycotoxins. When people are exposed to high levels of mold mycotoxins they may suffer toxic effects, including fatigue, nausea, headaches, and irritation to the lungs and eyes. If you or your family members have health problems that you suspect are caused by exposure to mold, you should consult with your physician.:cool:

antoniomikes

There are many health problems that can develop in individuals that are highly allergic to mycotoxins, which are present in many general types of fungus, including mold. It can be harmful to people with weak immune systems, and people who suffer from the lung disease. The necessary measures such as preventing mold from establishing itself in your home, And while carrying out this task, be sure to wear a mask and gloves as a safety precaution. Individuals who are particularly sensitive or allergic to mold should seek a professional person to eliminate this fungus, Ensure that the humidity level in your level in your home is appropriate. Check your house for water leakage, and any signs of excess condensation on the walls and the floor should be taken while removing the mold for the house or any place.

cleve.goddard

Another way to clean the leather is to mix 20% bleach with 80% water and a small amount of detergent in a container. Stir it up and put a wash cloth awash in the solution then squeeze it out, then wipe the leather with the wash cloth. Don't let the solution to stay wet on the leather. Wipe it off with a clean towel right after cleaning it with the wash cloth!

JosephR

Mold can cause various health effects. Some people will be very much sensitive to molds and it can cause coughing and wheezing, eye irritation, skin irritation, nasal stuffiness etc. You can get rid of mold by combing equal parts of rubbing alcohol or white vinegar and water. Rub the upholstery with a sponge to remove the mold. Once the couch is dry, spray the couch with a fungicide that's safe for upholstery.