Need Quote on a Custom Project Please...

Status
Not open for further replies.

kinghong1970

i need to make a "hood" that can hold a radiator that is 2 kg in weight.

currently thinking if it can be made in aluminum but for aesthetic/production reasons, material can be substituted.

sorry, all i have is a rough sketch done on computer and no CADs.

this is my first time posting here so please let me know if you need further information.

thanks!

this is a pic from top.
kinghong1970

i need laser cutting of the ventilation holes as well as pre-drilled for mounting fans and mounting the hood.

this is a image from side and from front, cross section (?)
kinghong1970

moldmen338

Rapid Protoype Molds
Hood

Are you interested in making this part out of a plastic? The initial investment would be larger but the piece price would be alot less.
Let me know we could discuss some options for you. Otherwise i would be interested in machining them for you as well, but pricing would vary with the estimated volume.

Hope to talk to you,

Kevin Smith
www.2ktool.com

kinghong1970

Are you interested in making this part out of a plastic? The initial investment would be larger but the piece price would be alot less.
Let me know we could discuss some options for you. Otherwise i would be interested in machining them for you as well, but pricing would vary with the estimated volume.

Hope to talk to you,

Kevin Smith
www.2ktool.com

Thank You very much for your prompt reply Kevin.

i would prefer aluminum, being that it is the material of choice these days amongst my fellow enthusiasts, but am concerned if smooth and rounded edges is possible?

i do apologize, i am not familiar with the production of such parts and so my terminology/knowledge is very limited. i would like to have smooth and rounded edges rather than folded/welded edges. and as previously mentioned, the hood need to hold appx 2 kg of coolant and radiator material.

currently, this project is calls for 1 piece only and i don't have plans for mass production.

Albert

DareBee

, but am concerned if smooth and rounded edges is possible?

i do apologize, i am not familiar with the production of such parts and so my terminology/knowledge is very limited. i would like to have smooth and rounded edges rather than folded/welded edges.

Albert

If that is what you MUST have.
$1700 CDN machined from billet + shipping

Status
Not open for further replies.