Need RFQ for some of these Collars

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hondaman

Hmm...I can't seem to be able to upload the DWG or DXF file for my collar here, so I'll describe it. Please e-mail me for the ACAD.DWG or .DXF file for more details.

This is a steel collar 9.130" long, with 2 OF dimiensions. The larger OD is on either end, 0.8442" typical over the outer 2.0" length. The inner portion of the collar (5.130" long portion) is 0.834" OD.

On the ID of this hollow collar, it is 0.552" on either end for a length of 1.8" into the ends of the collar, and this ID again for 0.5" at the center of the collar. The ID in between these ID zones is larger, at 0.56" ID. The reason: a long bolt of 0.551" OD passes through this collar, aligning the collar and preventing it from bowing when the bolt is torqued tight.

Material is steel. Would like to discuss quench hardening options for the ends, if possible.
I had some of these fully hardened earlier, and they all distorted so badly that the entire batch is scrap, became oval in the cross-section. Don't wish to repeat that...
Looking for quantity 10 for starters. Will need some more later.
Thanks!

Hondaman

Please note: the 2" long end sections of the collar are ID bearings for a bronze bushing arrangement, so the OD of the Collar in those sections should be very uniform. The center section is usually rough-finished at high speed with no particular smoothness requirement. To date (last 4 years), turning on a lathe has been uniform enough (within 0.0002", typically) over the length of these zones. This is "straight" enough for the performance of these particular parts. They don't spin, but do turn a little (about 5 degrees total reciprocal rotation) in use.

While heat-treating is optional, if I were able to do it myself I would simply inductively heat the 2" end(s) and quench them in oil. That is sufficiently hard, as most of these in the past have been non-hard altogether: if hardened, they would perform a little better and make a nicer polish. I will do the final polishing on the 2" ends.

Please contact me with any comments, questions, or suggestions for these parts. I use them in 3 different lengths, but all the other dimensions remain the same. For this starter batch with RFQ.com, I'm just trying the simplest ones.

Thanks!
-Mark

jason.atoptech

Hello my name is Jason. I am Marketing & Sales Director of A-TOP Technology Co., Limited. Our website is www.atopte.com. We are interested in this job. We have over 16 years' experience in this industry. Please send your contact info to my email atop_info@yahoo.com and I will send quote. Thanks.

jason.atoptech

mps

Mechanical Parts Supplier
Hmm...I can't seem to be able to upload the DWG or DXF file for my collar here, so I'll describe it. Please e-mail me for the ACAD.DWG or .DXF file for more details.

This is a steel collar 9.130" long, with 2 OF dimiensions. The larger OD is on either end, 0.8442" typical over the outer 2.0" length. The inner portion of the collar (5.130" long portion) is 0.834" OD.

On the ID of this hollow collar, it is 0.552" on either end for a length of 1.8" into the ends of the collar, and this ID again for 0.5" at the center of the collar. The ID in between these ID zones is larger, at 0.56" ID. The reason: a long bolt of 0.551" OD passes through this collar, aligning the collar and preventing it from bowing when the bolt is torqued tight.

Material is steel. Would like to discuss quench hardening options for the ends, if possible.
I had some of these fully hardened earlier, and they all distorted so badly that the entire batch is scrap, became oval in the cross-section. Don't wish to repeat that...
Looking for quantity 10 for starters. Will need some more later.
Thanks!

Hello,
Can you please send your drawing to mpscn1@gmail.com if you consider China supplier?

MIKEAHDZ

Good Evening my name is Mike I am VP of Key Machine Works, LLC. We are very interested in this job. We have over 20 years' of experience in this industry.
Please send us your contact info to my email keymachineworks@yahoo.com and I will send quote ASAP.

Thank you

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.