Quick Quote Needed New job 3 axis router.

Status
Not open for further replies.

rbs

I am in need of someone with access to a 3axis (at minimum) machine to take on this job ASAP. Depending on the size of the router and the programming this will eventually depend on the amount of time need to complete the pieces.

A special drill bit will be needed to cut the specific shape of the design. This drill should be used to complete 80% of the milling. A straight edged drill bit will then need to be swapped over on several of the drawings. On the instructions JPEG- It shows three (Green) front view shapes. The first has side beveled edges of 70 degrees, 2.1mm high by 2mm wide by 1mm on the top.

ON 3 of the drawings the tool will need to be swapped for the straight edge one in where it will now vary its height towards the south end of the drawing eventually finishing its height at 1.3mm from 2.1mm.

This is will be one of the reasons for needing a 3 axis router. 4 or 5 axis could even be employed without the use of a custom drill bit.

Depending on the size of the machine there could be 7 pieces to be cut. I have a small budget around $700 try to complete this work. First person to promise results will get this job. Job to start ASAP.

Not all drawings are complete. I have provided as sample for you view the sign a quote.

HSS slot drill on 3/16" shank x2

HSS taper d/bit 40 deg. inc. on 3.0 mm shank x2

wmtsinc

On the instructions JPEG- It shows three (Green) front view shapes. The first has side beveled edges of 70 degrees, 2.1mm high by 2mm wide by 1mm on the top.

Not all drawings are complete. I have provided as sample for you view the sign a quote.

I don't see the sample, or the JPEG?

bobk

I don't see a print or material type. Are you providing the material? What is the total quantity? Please provide more information! Thanks

Hi rbs,

I checked out the "http://myfreefilehosting.com/f/71cd0c3e1e_0.73MB" site and it appears I have to sign up... do you have any other way of getting specs to me? Scan a drawing, save as adobe "pdf", dxf, AutoCAD, send me a cartoon on a napkin....? I'll make it worth your while. Good luck!

Joe

FAS_Machining

aluminum plates

I was able to download, and view the 4 reference files from the webfilehosting site.
This looks like a do-able project.
There is alot more to discuss, with final drawings needed for total quote.
$700.00 might be a bit low, but without seeing ALL drawings and knowing what exactly you are looking for.

Tim

fasmachining.com

rbs

So i have gone through about 15 services yet, and only one person has said they'd be able to do it? there just a few simple molds not a Nasa space station...

eaglegage

I think the reason you're having trouble is the format you have sent the RFQ in. I've tried things that weren't laid out and ended up recutting it 3 times.

No offense, but I'm pretty sure a Nasa space station would be dimensioned.

Status
Not open for further replies.