Prototype mold needed

Aerobuilt

I'm currently looking for someone who can help me out. I need a mold for casting wax patterns. It's small but a little tricky. I've got it modeled up, just need a quote. If any of you home shop guys want to give it a shot that's ok. Just need two halves that will not be for automation or anything. It's currently 1/34th of the entire part, you'll understand once you see the pictures. 18" Dia. or so. 4.60" x 1.2" for the single mold. Any material that can be used for wax is fine. Prints or model can be sent.
I would like to help out the starving and the needy in the buisness if I can. I don't have a time frame, and possibly could use someone that can cast it for me. Probably Aluminum for the first one. Sandcast, maybe with some machining. Depends on the cost I suppose.

Thanks for the help,

Attachments

• Flywheel_mold2.jpg
    Flywheel_mold2.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 105
  • Flywheel.jpg
    Flywheel.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 87
  • Flywheel_mold.jpg
    Flywheel_mold.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 70
  • Flywheel_mold4.jpg
    Flywheel_mold4.jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 71

versa1

Hello,

I'm Darrel with Versatile Industries. I have been trained in moldmaking and worked in the trade for about ten years. Currently running a startup cnc machine shop. Are you planning on molding this part in sections to assemble a pattern? I have mainly worked with plastic injection molds, but this looks like something we could machine with my VMC.
Besides, we could really use the work. If you are interested in opening a line of communication so we can discuss this project in greater detail feel free to contact me anytime.

Versatile Industries
Columbia Falls MT.
406-892-7444
versautility@yahoo.com

Aerobuilt

Here is the part Data. It is in Parasolid and step file type. Too large for an IGES file. Let me know if you need a different type of file. Let me know if any changes need to be made to make it easier to complete.

Thanks, Kerry

Attachments

• Flywheel_mold_5.zip
    33.8 KB · Views: 24
  • Flywheel_mold.zip
    36.2 KB · Views: 7

Aerobuilt

It might be easier if I broke it up into three parts, for three simple molds. Here are the outer, inner, and turbine(fin) portions. I think the other mold would have been too labor intensive. I could also do the smoothing and polishing if that also is too labor intensive. This is just for a prototype and will most likely be changed down the road.

Attachments

• inner_mold.zip
    3.6 KB · Views: 22
  • Fin_mold.zip
    7.6 KB · Views: 10
  • outer_mold.zip
    2 KB · Views: 11

Aerobuilt

Better Pics for understanding.

Attachments

• Mold_three_inner_part.jpg
    Mold_three_inner_part.jpg
    12.5 KB · Views: 82
  • Mold_three_part.jpg
    Mold_three_part.jpg
    5 KB · Views: 66
  • Mold_three_outer_part.jpg
    Mold_three_outer_part.jpg
    10.1 KB · Views: 71

Aerobuilt

Just one mold needed. It would be for wax patterns, so maybe plastic or some other inexpensive material.

Thanks, Aerobuilt.

Toolcare

Mold Maker

Sir,
We are mold makes located in Chennai.
Please feel free to contact us .

With kind regards,

Prince
+91 98408 65710

kevinjia

Hi,we are very good at making your part.and we can provide you high quality with good price.so may you send me your email,and I will send the quotation to you soonest.

Thanks

ShenZhen Well Mold & Plastic Products Co.,Ltd.
Address: ShaXin Road,ShaBo Village,PingShan Town,LongGang district, ShenZhen City,China.
Tel: 86-755-89927193 Fax: 86-755-89927962
Email: export02@wellmold.com Web: Http://www.wellmold.com
Project Manager:Mr. Kevin Jia