Quote Needed for Acrylic

Status
Not open for further replies.

zakwhite

Hi,

I am after a quote for 1/8"acrylic clear as well as 1/8" (Black). My target price is under $9 for the parts. My file for blue prints is too large to upload on the forum. This will be an ongoing purchase of 20 to 100 parts. Monthly parts are 20-30 units.
Assemble is not needed. Nor is the PVC pipe needed to be included.
Please email me at zak@txholeyrocks.com so I may get the file to you.
I live in central Tx.

Thanks,
Zak

Attachments

• IMG_4499.JPG
    IMG_4499.JPG
    57.2 KB · Views: 92
  • IMG_4504.JPG
    IMG_4504.JPG
    61 KB · Views: 71
Last edited:

levelzero

Hi Zak,

I don't know if you've gotten any responses but if not the reason is that even though the machining looks straight forward, without dimensions it's hard to even estimate material costs.

If you have gotten responses then I'm not being nearly as helpful as I think :)

levelzero

Oh and ideally you want to find someone with a cnc router. I could do your parts on my mill but it would never be as fast as a router.

zakwhite

Milling/cnc/lazer

Hi,

Milling I would think would run up the cost with time.
CNC is quick with nice milled edges. Lazer is super duper:) Time for milling I would think isn't going to be productive with shop time unless it's programmed and a small garage shop. CNC is simple and time effective with nice edges. Lazer is 4 hour time frame for cutting. The original awarded company did Lazer, but raised the rate by 50%:eek: the second order. So back to square two.

Zak

zakwhite

Responses/Replies have been Great

Quite active this AM with the responses to this request. Keep them coming if you have an opportunity.

Thanks for those who have responded.

Don't be hesitant email me for the job. Remember this is an ongoing job 12+ months. 20 to 30 parts per month.:)

I'll have other jobs for who ever is awarded this in the very near future too.

TUNAMAN

EMPLOY 135 USA workers
My target price is under $9 for the parts. WHAT?

You want these for that price or less including material, machining and shipping WOW
guess your suppliers don't pay their help too well or have $500,000 machines, we couldn't set up a machine or router for less than $200. Guess we are used to aircraft work or not.
Maybe that,s the reason for no response.

zakwhite

TUNAMAN: It's a simple project. Thanks for your input. I'll keep you in mind.:) RFQworks.com is a great place to find business. Hope you have a great time finding what you are after on here.

Zak

TUNAMAN

EMPLOY 135 USA workers
zakwhite I know it is simple but be for real, my help makes at least $25.00 hour, insurance, FICA tax just to mention a few of the costs. 25 million invested in machines and building.SO I guess you are looking for a fella working in his basement with an old bridgie no overhead no ISO and retired that wants to earn snack money. RIGHT? cause you will never get a real machine shop to work for nothing. If you do they are trying to keep someone busy. Not a problem here after 35 years of making customers happy.

zakwhite

TUNAMAN: It's a simple project. Thanks for your input. I'll keep you in mind. RFQworks.com is a great place to find business. Hope you have a great time finding what you are after on here.

Zak

Hi,

I am after a quote for 1/8"acrylic clear as well as 1/8" (Black). My target price is under $9 for the parts. My file for blue prints is too large to upload on the forum. This will be an ongoing purchase of 20 to 100 parts. Monthly parts are 20-30 units.
Assemble is not needed. Nor is the PVC pipe needed to be included.
Please email me at zak@txholeyrocks.com so I may get the file to you.
I live in central Tx.

Thanks,
Zak

Are you supplying materials at that price? We cut acrylic everyday and this is a gravy job on our laser, the machine is $60 per hour when its cutting. If you send all the material and prepay we could give you break on the one time set up charge. If that is too high my suggestion would be to buy your own machines, thats what we have done over the years.

Status
Not open for further replies.