rfq - aluminum thumbscrew

Status
Not open for further replies.

rb1

Here is the next part I need to get under way.

A few notes about this part, and parts in general. A couple of chamfers on this part would not be required if they add to cost. If they are simple to do, then fine.... but I would like to know your thoughts on this. Please indicate in your PM.

I am drawing in Alibre Design. I cannot for the life of me figure out how to put a knurl on the .500 diameter. I put a note in the PDF as to the location and width of this knurl. When I say diamond knurl, it is just a typical knurl you see on a thumbscrew. I can post a picture if this is confusing.

I would assume you would use a .500 diameter round stock for this, and the tolerances for length and and step down diameter are pretty loose at +/- .015.

Surface finish... well, it would be nice and smooth turned aluminum. No high polish necc.

If I have left any crucial info out, please post for clarification.

edit - adding quantity of 25, 50 and 100

thanks folks,

rb

Attachments

• Adjuster screw drawing.pdf
    5.8 KB · Views: 125
Last edited:

romb

Extreme Machining
Quote For Pins

Hello P. M.
25 ea at $10.00
50 ea at $7.50
100 ea at $5.35
Would include groud shipping in US ans accept credit cards for payment.
Part looks easy enough for us look at web site for more info www.extrememachining.com

rb1

thank you all, job has been awarded, see my post on the internal threaded sleeve thread for more of an explanation, and a THANKS to all who quoted,

rb

Status
Not open for further replies.