RFQ - ID threaded sleeve

Status
Not open for further replies.

rb1

can you tell me the price and delivery time on this:

material - mild steel, something that is weldable & machines nice.
dimensions:
.375 OD
1.250 OAL,
drilled thru @ #3 drill size, or appropriate tap drill size for 1/4 x 28 thread
thread to 1.000 depth with 1/4 x 28, which seems to be the depth of a bottoming tap. If running two taps down this would add to the cost alot, going with a taper tap might be just fine. But maybe you fancy guys don't use taps, so let me know.
Pretty loose OAL tolerance on these +/- .015 on length, I would just assume you use 3/8 OD round stock, and not fuss with the OD at all.
Slight deburr / edge break OK on OD of ends, ID chamfer not required.

quote on 50, 100 & 250

thanks,
rb

TimD

I quoted another job of yours and have the numbers for this job. Unfortunately your mail box is full. If you are interested in my numbers for this job please let me know.

Regards,
Tim

rb1

sorry about that, pm box filled up with 6 new ones in 2 hrs, so I saved it and it has lots of room. I say the following very seriously... I appreciate all the time that people take to quote on the parts I have put up here. I have awarded the internal thread job and the aluminum adjuster job to the same shop.

I don't know what protocol is for something like this, if I am to acknowledge and thank each quoter. I have not done that to this point, but I do understand that it takes time to figure this out, and I am grateful for the attention my few jobs have gotten.

As I would expect, there is quite a range in pricing and I have not made it a point to choose on price alone. Alot of it comes down to first impressions and timelines, etc.

Thanks so much to this website and expecially the shops who are participating.

rb

Status
Not open for further replies.