Request For Quote- RFQ: Laser weld battery case to provide hermetic seal

Status
Not open for further replies.
I need to find someone with a laser welder to weld up 3 small and simple battery cases quickly. These are protoypes so I need a quick turn around time. Details are below and drawings are attached:

Request for Quote
rev 021208 720p

Subject: Laser weld battery case to provide hermetic seal

Doug Danielson
Atlanta, Georgia 30312
404 667 4680 mobile
wddanielson@hotmail.com

Summary:
We need to obtain price and lead time quotations for laser welding a seam in a small stainless steel battery case to produce a hermetic seal. These are prototype assemblies so small order quantities (~3 assemblies) and quick turnaround time are expected.

Requirements:
Battery components must be immersed in an argon atmosphere during welding
Battery cells contain a thin film of lithium metal that will corrode if exposed to moisture
Temperature of internal battery cells cannot exceed 150C
Battery cells contain a thin film of lithium metal that will melt if heated above 150C
Leak test battery after welding to confirm hermetic seal

Details:
Please quote lot sizes of 3 assemblies. Battery will be assembled in our facility with the base and can held in place with Kapton tape. The entire assembly placed in a heat sealed pouch filled with argon gas and will be shipped to the supplier for welding. The pouch must be placed in an argon atmosphere before removing the components from the pouch for welding to prevent moisture from entering the battery case. Drawings are attached.

Attachments

• rfq weld battery case 021208 716P.doc
    21.5 KB · Views: 21
  • battery assm.PDF
    126.6 KB · Views: 43

Elitewp

The "ELITE" difference
Doug,

I noticed this old RFQ with no replys. Is this project still alive or is this something you have moved away from.
If you are still persuing this please let me know.

Thanks,

Jeff

Status
Not open for further replies.