Small Delrin Parts - Qty 25

Status
Not open for further replies.

Echo Materials

Quote needed including material:
Delrin Rod 1-1/2" Brown- ASTM D6100, ASTM D6778, UL 94HB Material Certs required
Immediate order. Please advise lead time from order date.
Quantity is flexible depending on best use of standard purchasing units of material.
Available file types: SolidWorks2016 sldprt, step, igs
If thread information is not adequate, we can provide the mating surface.

Attachments

• Dwg 8 TR Slider Sleeve.PDF
    103.9 KB · Views: 213

Dualkit

on delrin won't be cheap

I would be willing to bet most of the nimrods in here didn't even notice the tolerances until it was mentioned by the poster two doors up. Tolerances don't effect prices quoted in here that much, people either don't pay attention, figure tight tolerances aren't needed or the customer is only checking the part with a $9 set of digital Chinese calipers. This place is hack central. If the OP is serious about those tolerances an inspection temperature should be mentioned, isn't industry standard 72 degrees?

MikesMachining

68F/20C, but whatever ... that tolerance is probably not serious, given that the drawing appears to call out the thread length to 3 decimals, hence +/-.001", which IMO is unmeasurable.

Regards.

Echo Materials

You know guys, we are a small company and I don't have 12 engineers here. If you have some suggestions to offer, I'd really appreciate it. Just making snarky remarks is just plain mean. I would be more than happy to incorporate any changes you think we should make so that we get usable parts. If you are available for some CAD work, that would be great too. I am using legacy drawings that I would be happy to improve.
Delane
Echo Materials

Dualkit

You know guys, we are a small company and I don't have 12 engineers here. If you have some suggestions to offer, I'd really appreciate it. Just making snarky remarks is just plain mean. I would be more than happy to incorporate any changes you think we should make so that we get usable parts. If you are available for some CAD work, that would be great too. I am using legacy drawings that I would be happy to improve.
Delane
Echo Materials
My snarky remarks were directed at the people bidding work, not the ones offering it, just in case I was one of the people this was directed at. As for engineering help a description of the part's application and the mating parts would be helpful.

UDP

Delane
Echo Materials

We would be happy to quote the job as well as modify your drawings to reflect tolerance better. It's probably just a default, and most shops see it all the time. We use common sense or ask simple questions for clarification rather than tell our customers how big our ego is. In the quote, you will see tolerance that we can hold, and if you find acceptable, then we are all on the same page. My material vendor is getting back to me with pricing and what certs they can provide. Providing matting part is always best especially if the job repeats.

VJEggenberger

If this job is still available I would be happy to quote it as well as provide engineering support if you are interested. We frequently develop new products, instruments, devices, special machines, etc., as well as offer machining and assembly work. Please visit www.eggenberger.us for more company information and you can contact me directly at vje@eggenberger.us .

Best regards,

Victor

Michael Kelly

.001" on all dimensions? amateurs
Quote needed including material:
Delrin Rod 1-1/2" Brown- ASTM D6100, ASTM D6778, UL 94HB Material Certs required
Immediate order. Please advise lead time from order date.
Quantity is flexible depending on best use of standard purchasing units of material.
Available file types: SolidWorks2016 sldprt, step, igs
If thread information is not adequate, we can provide the mating surface.

Status
Not open for further replies.