Request For Quote- small knob, Trustone material supplied by me

Status
Not open for further replies.

skylargray

WB-KNB-1.jpg

Basic info:

1) Material = Trustone. This is a quartz/acrylic resin hybrid that simulates the look of stone but is supposedly easily machinable with typical woodworking or metalworking tools.
http://www.randbcrafts.com/tru_stone.html

http://rtresearch.com/trustone

2) I will supply the Trustone material.

3) 8–16 pieces needed, depending upon material yield.

4) 3D CAD files here: http://d.pr/f/1jojL No 2D drawing available.

5) No rush time frame, but ideally within 30 days or less. I'm flexible.

6) Hope to have RFQs by Feb 5.

Further Details:

The knob part is approximately 23.5mm (width) x 19mm (height) x 32mm (depth). The Trustone blocks measure approximately 38mm (width) x 44mm (height) x 38mm (depth). I have 8 blocks of Trustone, and I think they are large enough to get 2 knobs per block out of. I would like to shoot for as many knobs as possible given the supplied material. So maybe as many as 16 knobs.

I am told the Trustone material is easy to work with as long as you use sharp tools and keep the Trustone cooled.

Requested tolerance +/-0.05mm with surface free of tooling marks, swirls, etc.

Attached are a render of the finished piece, and photos of the Trustone block raw material along with reference knobs of this design made in plastic.

Link to 3D CAD files here:
http://d.pr/f/1jojL

Let me know if more info is needed.

Attachments

• knobs-blocks1.jpg
    knobs-blocks1.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 68
  • knob-height.jpg
    knob-height.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 57
  • plastic-knob-reference-1.jpg
    plastic-knob-reference-1.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 60
  • plastic-knob-reference-2.jpg
    plastic-knob-reference-2.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 61

solidworks4you

SG we are a contract design and manufacturing company located outside of Toledo, Ohio

We specialize in CAD design, 3D printing, design validation and plastic injection molding

If you ever decide to put your part into mass production (100+) let us know

Once a mold tooling is built, we can injection mold a part like yours for a few dollars each

We can also run design validation program to determine if your part is suitable for injection molding

isotronixdevices@yahoo.com
www.isotronixdevices.com
3D Printing | CNC CAM | Injection Molding

Nanticokeinc

I am located in Delaware and am interested on machining your pieces . I specialize in custom small run stuff . Let me know if this is still available . Would need your sldprt file to put a number on it . I could turn these around for you in less than 2weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jerry

Hi, if this is still up for quote, I would need a sldprt. File or parasldxt. I have a machine open and available right now so could get started right away. I do odd jobs and short run production. This looks like it would be the kind of parts I am used to doing. Please send if you would to barrettweldmach@hotmail.com your info.
Thanks,
Jerry

skylargray

I am located in Delaware and am interested on machining your pieces . I specialize in custom small run stuff . Let me know if this is still available . Would need your sldprt file to put a number on it . I could turn these around for you in less than 2weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I sent a PM yesterday. You can always email me: skylar[at]skylargray[dot]com

skylargray

Hi, if this is still up for quote, I would need a sldprt. File or parasldxt. I have a machine open and available right now so could get started right away. I do odd jobs and short run production. This looks like it would be the kind of parts I am used to doing. Please send if you would to barrettweldmach@hotmail.com your info.
Thanks,
Jerry

Jerry, I sent you an email with details yesterday.

jtrippe

Is there anything else Time Machine Inc can do for you? We offer a wide range of capabilities and we would very much like the opportunity to earn your business.

Thanks,
Jason Trippe

Status
Not open for further replies.