Small run MDF parts cut for ongoing business relation

Status
Not open for further replies.

whitesideentp

I run a small manufacturing business and I am looking to outsource some of my operations. I current run a small CNC machine to cut my parts out of 3/4 MDF. I need to free up some of my time. I would probably place an order on a bi-weekly basis and this would be ongoing. I have been in business for over 2 years selling my products so I will need a reliable person to accept this job for an ongoing basis. If there is someone interested in small run orders on an ongoing basis please feel free to email me. whitesideentp@yahoo.com

Joe

AMW

Joe, I've sent you our Contact Info. via e-mail!

Thank you for the opportunity, I look forward to hearing from you!

Regards

whitesideentp

More specifics of what I need.

I will try to explain to you what I need exactly:

This is what I am currently doing:
-I cut a total of seven small parts from an 11 x 18 sheet of 3/4" MDF.

I am looking for someone who can cut and finish/sand the 7 parts. I am willing to pay per unit(7 parts) whatever price we agree on. I will need between 10 and 20 units per week. I have been doing this for over 2 years and I need a reliable manufacturer to keep me constantly supplied.

I have attached an older DXF file of the parts I cut. It is missing one part but it will give you a good idea of what I need. I also have an idea for another machine that will need similar parts cut but I have not built the prototype yet. That will be another job opportunity.

I have gotten a few responses thus far. I am concerned of quality, reliability, and then cost.

I hope I explained enough. Feel free to give me a call if you need more info.

Joe Whiteside
whitesideentp@yahoo.com

Attachments

• ezparts.DXF
    67.4 KB · Views: 86
more info

Hi,
Please let me know the price that you are willing to pay to have this done. This will determine if we try a test piece in the shop for an actual time study.

whitesideentp

Thanks and keep them coming.

I would like to say thanks to all who have resonded to my post. I have received a couple of quotes but nothing is concrete yet. I am still taking quotes.

whitesideentp

Job awarded

I would like to thanks to all who took the time to respond to my ad. thanks to RFQWork.com for the great site. I have decided on a manufacturer but I would like to keep all of the other people who responded to my ad available incase I need them in the future.

Joe

coogrrr

Joe,

Thank you for closing your thread many people have been asking that clients do this for us. Let me say thanks first!

Coog

AMW

I second " coogrrr's" statement!

Thank you for notifying the forum of the closing of this RFQ

cook

D & D Precision Machining
What is MDF?

Alex
Aerotech Manufacturing
704-449-6274
doublea159@yahoo.com

Medium-density fibreboard (MDF or MDFB) is an engineered wood product formed by breaking down softwood into wood fibres, often in a defibrator, combining it with wax and resin, and forming panels by applying high temperature and pressure. It is a building material similar in application to plywood but made up of separated fibres, not wood veneers. It is denser than normal particle board.
Large-scale production of MDF began in the 1980s. Its name derives from the distinction in densities of fibreboard. MDF typically has a density of 600-800 kg/m³, in contrast to particle board (160-450 kg/m³) and to high-density fibreboard (500-1450 kg/m³). Similar manufacturing processes are used in making all types of fibreboard.
MDF is also known as Customwood or Craftwood. [citation needed].
MDF has been controversial in regard to its use of formaldehyde resins and the associated health risks. Thus, other resins are being considered and used instead of formaldehyde.:D

coogrrr

ummm yeah what he said :D

I think however that was a little bit much info! :p

I appreciated it but I am a nerd so....

Thanks Cook

Coog

EDITED:
Would and MDF I-Beam 2x6 of .75" thick MDF be stronger than a 2x6 stick of building lumber??? Cook??? Anyone???

Status
Not open for further replies.