Telescoping Rat Maze Frame

Status
Not open for further replies.

synapticsage

Hey all. I wanted to see if anyone was interested in building a telescoping rat maze frame. I sketched out some suggested shapes in the part/assembly files attached and dwg sketches. I'm also including pictures of the frame on a fully built non-telescoping prototype that I produced. Let me know if any of this looks interesting. I'd ideally be looking for a timeline of less than a month.

Non-telescoping prototype maze with frame (black square):
CxgVpVi.png

And the proposed parts:
qStGfbi.png

where the grey corner pieces are shelled to accept the green inserts. there are also a few screw holes to link into our support pieces. I have dimensions detailed in some cad files. the thicknesses in the cad files are mostly suggested dimensions. the walls of the shelled pieces can be thickened to whatever, if some size is easier. The individual parts could be made of acrylic, maybe even the shelled parts, and one could use acrylic solvent to weld them into those corner pieces.

Dropbox w/ cad files
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/0asj1jfwawphc3n/AAAb-R0UcZx0cKsBgmY155M-a?dl=0

Attachments

• GoalMaze Frame (IGS).zip
    336.5 KB · Views: 23

MarkS

Hey all. I wanted to see if anyone was interested in building a telescoping rat maze frame. I sketched out some suggested shapes in the part/assembly files attached and dwg sketches. I'm also including pictures of the frame on a fully built non-telescoping prototype that I produced. Let me know if any of this looks interesting. I'd ideally be looking for a timeline of less than a month.

Non-telescoping prototype maze with frame (black square):
CxgVpVi.png

And the proposed parts:
qStGfbi.png

where the grey corner pieces are shelled to accept the green inserts. there are also a few screw holes to link into our support pieces. I have dimensions detailed in some cad files. the thicknesses in the cad files are mostly suggested dimensions. the walls of the shelled pieces can be thickened to whatever, if some size is easier. The individual parts could be made of acrylic, maybe even the shelled parts, and one could use acrylic solvent to weld them into those corner pieces.

Dropbox w/ cad files
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/0asj1jfwawphc3n/AAAb-R0UcZx0cKsBgmY155M-a?dl=0

I would be willing to look at this and provide a quote.
Will need some more clarification
Send email to marks@flexmachine.net
503-593-8470

Status
Not open for further replies.