Quick Quote Needed Transfer Mold

Status
Not open for further replies.

lavrgs

The part is a rubbber intake manifold for use on a motorcycle. It goes between the carburator and the head. The environment is HOT but not extremely hot (200 deg - ish) and the material must be chemically resistant to fuel. My first material choice was Viton but I have been told there are cheaper materials that would be appropriate

I am working on pulling budgetary information together to see if I can justify building a mold. The mold would be a four cavity mold and it would have an aluminum insert, which I would supply.

What I am looking for is the cost to make the mold. My initial investigation has told me that multiple cavities will reduce the part cost which is the other part of the equation.

If you can do the molding ,the quantity of parts needed would be around 200 and the material is TBD but it must be fuel resistant and will be in a hot environment.

If this project is a go it would probably start March- May timeframe

Attachments

• rgs_manifold.pdf
    93.4 KB · Views: 188
Last edited:

lavrgs

You only need 200 Pcs why have to make 4 cavity mold. Waste money?
200 pieces is what I am thinking will pay for the cost of the mold. I expect to make more parts as needed, and the four cavities will not all be the same

Mr DODGE

if still avail. please contact us with info

WE are STC PLASTICS and would be glad to view this project if still up.
we design , build , molding

706-253-7676
Dean Davis

Status
Not open for further replies.