1. Material - 6061 Aluminum or equivalent
2. Material to be included in quote
3. Qty - 4 of each part
4. SolidWorks drawing and various formats available
5. Required - delivery within 1-month of receipt of drawings
6. RFQ - ends 2/5/2010
7. Contact info to be provided
8. Few questions need to be discussed with accepted bid provider
9. Finish - base bid, bead blasted with front writing maintaining shiny appearance from milling, quote polishing and anodizing both in clear and colors blue, black and red.

Let me know any questions.

Attachments

• Main_Mount.pdf
    57.3 KB · Views: 256
  • Bottom_Plate_8-32 holes - Sheet.pdf
    46.9 KB · Views: 167

RITEWAY

My shop is riteway machining and we supply cnc machining with 28 years of experience. I would like to have a chance to talk to you. My number is 410 483 8531

hellcreig

When you do a race for prototype parts, your basically doing a race for marker.You can use that marker to unlock a specific type of part, engine, handling weight.When you go the garage, theres an option to unlock any of of those parts for the league your current car is in.Hope that helps, it took me a while to figure out this system myself.

linus186

My apologies to all who responded. I had to take an unforseen hiatus from this project. No, the project has not been awarded. I am in the process of reviewing the current bids but from what I have seen none are near my expected/wishful thinking price of $100/set. Any feedback on getting there would be appreciated.

Matt@RFR

In the future, please say that you have a price goal up front! That will save everyone involved time and frustration.

Also, and I don't mean this to be mean, but you'll be money ahead to pay a professional to make your prints for you...yours are awfull. I take one look at those and realise I'm dealing with an inexperienced person...prices go up just for the possible hassle. The easier you make it on the machine shop (good prints, clean solid models, consice RFQ, etc.), the easier this whole thing will be for you.

linus186

In the future, please say that you have a price goal up front! That will save everyone involved time and frustration.

Also, and I don't mean this to be mean, but you'll be money ahead to pay a professional to make your prints for you...yours are awfull. I take one look at those and realise I'm dealing with an inexperienced person...prices go up just for the possible hassle. The easier you make it on the machine shop (good prints, clean solid models, consice RFQ, etc.), the easier this whole thing will be for you.

Matt, seems you're having a ranting evening based on your other posts so I won't bother to rebut.

Matt@RFR

Actually, if you look again, I was trying to help you. I'm very sorry if I come off as a dick, but everything I've said tonight has been factual. If I was ranting, most of the words would be blanked out. :)

Dualkit

Matt, seems you're having a ranting evening based on your other posts so I won't bother to rebut.

Your prints are terrible, there is no defending that. Too many numbers crammed in a small area. By not posting your price target you wasted everyone's time with no hope of them winning the job. Mill work goes dirt cheap in here, that's why I don't bid anymore, so if you don't like the prices your target was unrealistic in the first place. The only way to attain your price goal is to get the quantity up.

linus186

what part of having actual drawings did you miss? I don't want to post my drawings all over the net - that's part of keeping them vague. Enough normal bidders asked for them and I provided them with no issues. They probably not the best either but something that any machinist should be able to work with. Actually, I expected the parts to be less than $100/set but if I put that guess what I would get - "I can do it for $125/set". Been through that enough times. Hey, I bid work at my main job all the time and get about 10% of the work so I don't see why you have to attack - that's part of the process.

Matt - maybe you are trying to help but that is DIFFICULT to get out of your post. There's a nice way to work and a not so nice way - you know which one you chose. The funny thing is that i had another bidder spend a few hours helping me out with design tips. It's simple enough - don't read my posts and don't bid and I won't waste your time.

To everyone else, I apologise that I'm not a mechanical designer and I don't know the rules of machining. I'm an electrical engineer and that's my expertise. The project has a mechanical aspect and that's why I'm on here. Thanks for your help and time to bid. I will award the job so it is not a complete waste of time.

Status
Not open for further replies.