Quick Quote Needed Two small Alum parts, 1 set now, more later

Status
Not open for further replies.

amasters

Thermo_man
Please quote these two parts in basically any alum alloy you have. Alloy 6061 is preferred but not essential.
I am only looking for 1 set of Water Block and Water Block Cover now, to prototype with and probably refine. More will definitely come later.

If you see anything that would help make this part machine faster/bring the cost down, then let me know. I'm open to any suggestions.

The inside of the water block does not have to be smooth or look spectacular etc., since the rougher the surface = better heat transfer as the water flows through the block.

There is no rush on this job. Two week lead time is fine.

Andy Masters
amasters(at)customthermoelectric.com

Attachments

• Water Block Cover 3x3.pdf
    49.9 KB · Views: 216
  • Water Block 3x3x625.pdf
    66.5 KB · Views: 166
Last edited:

philsino

Die casting & Toolings
I proudly represent Sino Die Casting Mfg. Co.,Ltd China.

We are a Definitive Global OEM Die Casting Manufacturer.

Established in 1997, Sino continues to supply renowned clients such as Harley Davidson, Nokia, Philips, and many more, exceeding their high quality die-casting demands.

Whether it be chrome finished parts for world class motorcycles, essential housings for Lights, Pumps,

Cameras to even the most précised components for the Aerospace and Medical Industry, we know what it takes to stand out from the rest!

Please include us in your next round of RFQ's, and discover what we at Sino Die Casting can do for you.

Below you will find our in-depth Supplier Qualification Statement; please kindly retain it for your records.

We look forward to working with you.

Phil Ackon

Marketing Coordinator
Sino Die Casting Mfg
Shenzhen China
Office: (86) 755 2511 8291
Fax: (86) 755 2511 8250
Email: phil@sinodiecasting.com
Email: phil.sinodiecasting@googlemail.com
China Mobile: (86) 137-1430-3847

donnatop

Does telling a prospective customer they have a nice part get more business?
Seems foolish and desperate, glad I am not bidding for work here.

LeftCoastCNC

Does telling a prospective customer they have a nice part get more business?
Seems foolish and desperate, glad I am not bidding for work here.

Don,
Some designers do not keep the manufacturing of the part in mind when designing and very few say "If you see anything that would help make this part machine faster/bring the cost down, then let me know. I'm open to any suggestions". Amasters did both. I was merely communicating that with the complement and I apologize. I will try to keep it more negative for you who has nothing better to do than to read threads (and make comments) on jobs you have no intention of quoting.

It is a new year and I might as well get started on the negativity-- Maybe it is a good thing you do not bid on work here; since your "CAD" of choice is MS Word. I would hate to see your equipment of choice... No reason not to do heat treating in your toaster, milling with your hand held router and deburring with a butter knife.

Seriously, why call me foolish for a simple three word positive comment?

*** All, Sorry to have deviated from the purpose of the thread, I am just not a big fan of people who have nothing to add and just criticize.***

donnatop

MS Word was an upgrade from the napkin and crayon drawings that were used around here for in house machining. Management is not going to lay out
money for anything better at the current time. I made the best of a bad situation, but our vendor came through with good quality parts delivered on
schedule. I was just shocked at the extreme unprofessional rear end kissing I
have received when posting a few jobs for bid. It just bums me out, I feel people in USA manufacturing are desperate and have thrown away their pride
and are steeping over little old ladies to get work. Even though people out soucing work, like my employer are benefitting, it doesn't look good for this country. People advertising free programming, no set-up charges, etc,etc
and they design nice parts and would "love" to run them, makes me sick! Seems like the rats are eating each others tails off.

sebtool

wrath has a good point on the cover thickness - there's a good chance that the 1/8" will bow in the middle and leak.

Lefty has a good point too - it is a nice part. Not from a 'suck-up' point of view, tho. Some of us are in the business because we actually like making good looking and operating parts. And we also realize that some manners when dealing with potential customers can go a long way - just like dealing with everyday people on the street.

I just saw this, but will have a quote to you shortly.
Thanks,
Steve

fokusco

I would recomend making the lid at least .400 thick with slots cut into the suface .1875 wide and .250 deep, leaving .1875 between, for rigidity and enhanced thermo-disapation; unless space requirements dictate otherwise, or just a thicker cover plate--
.1875 min. to resist bowing when the corner screws are tightened.

I'd say a 3/8" Lexan plate with your company logo engraved into it with 4 holes that'll hold 3mm uv leds on all sides of the cover should do the trick.... Then add highlighter fluid to your coolant... If your going to make a bad-ass high flow waterblock like this... show it off! :) hahaha

amasters

Thermo_man
Job awarded, Thanks!, Some info for you as well...

I have awarded this now.

Thanks for your quotes AND suggestions. They were very helpfull and as an engineer/designer, I really like it when vendors/suppliers provide some of their experience and knowledge that only helps both customer and suppliers out.

The quotes came in as follows (no names, $ includes both parts)
low: $55 + shipping
High: $400 + shipping (about $149 higher than the closest below)
Average: $140.40 (with the $400 quote)
Average: $120.08 (without the $400 quote)

Although the range was from $55 to $400, the mode (most common price) was about $90

There were 15 quotes in all.

I did not go with the lowest price. I went with a middle price and with my gut reaction.

Thank you all again.

There will be more parts in the near future.

Andy

fokusco

Thank you for taking the time to consider all offers made towards your water block, including mine. This was the first time that I had visited the website and putting in bids for jobs is kind of exciting! As I explained to you (amasters) I am fairly new to the game and am trying to teach myself MasterCAM. I found your print to be a fun one to write with the prog and, being slow at work, went ahead and ran one to see how it would turn out. Looks like I am the proud owner of a sweet high-flow waterblock for my home pc now! haha

This is what I came up with
IMAG0022.jpg

Ended up making a .25'' lid to prevent stress flex...
IMAG0023.jpg

So I must agree with the general population: It truly is a FANTASTIC looking part!:D

Status
Not open for further replies.