250 pcs. 1-1/5 Dia. CRS 4 times a year

Status
Not open for further replies.

lstool

Please provide your best pricees on 250 pcs. 4 times a year need to award job by Dec 27, 2007, with a 2-3 weeks turn around for the first order and a 3 pc. sample within a week for approval and first article. Please review the attached DXF file and please send quotes via fax to (732) 777-0756 or private message but feel free to post your prices on this forum as this will eliminate participation of individuals who just cannot compete so if you are confident your prices are competitive post away also please send along information about you and or your company via. either your web-site or a faxed letter with a facility list and listed capabulities.
Any questions please post them here as others may have the same questions.
Thank you

Attachments

• Chuck remover.DXF
    50.4 KB · Views: 184
  • CHUCK REMOVER.doc
    39 KB · Views: 249
Last edited:

brad2

could you send me the attachment in a pdf file. won't let me open it in the dxf file thanks

brad

lstool

Remember the original post states the job will be awarded by the 27'th of December and so for the best price is @ $3.25 ea.
Thank you.

$3.00 each, if you prepay and take delivery of the entire order(1000 pcs (shipping not included)), sorry but if you need a cheap and at near steel cost price you will also need to make a sacrifice on your end.

Larry1

pricing

Why would you give a quote of 3.00 if you are doing it for less than cost? None of my business, just looks strange.

Arty3000

like i said in the other fourm. these company's that come on here and bid these prices must be hard up for work. i didn't think the industry was that bad. :confused: i mean i am a one man shop and some of these guy's bidding on this stuff has 10 employees plus. is it that bad out there?

DSR Precision

Not even going to try

We are only part time 2 man shop and I cant even touch that price, even with a really good price on material. Maybe my math is a little off....

Arty3000

maybe mines is off too. i have 2 cnc machines miyano lathe and a kitamura mill. i don't know. maybe i am missing something here?

lstool

I cannot be sure what you guys are paying for CRS but for the lot to do this job from my supplier cost is .78 per piece for material alone and a good machine with live tooling and a good programe, It is not impossible to cycle this part complete in under 4 minutes. Alot of shops including myself give away the programing time in order to get repeat / long running jobs (now-a-days we can programe a part on our laptops watching TV) and even concider giving away the set-up time, and if you are well set-up for this type of work and your machine has 12 -16 tooling stations, all your tools should pretty much be in place already with the exception of possibly having to changing out tooling for the internal work.
Lets break it down....

Good programer...
Programe and vaify with solid varification, post, prove out the post with an NC code anylizer set for their machine. UNDER 2 HOURS. (A good give away while watching Judge Judy.)

A good set-up guy..... (organized tooling and tooled up machine)
Set-up 3 hours max prove out and first piece inspect. (Another painless good give-away while drinking your first 2 cups of Dunkin Dougnut coffee in the morning)

Now a good Machine, not any of these Hobbie machines people have in their basements like those Emco compac 5 CNC's.
I simulated a cycly time of 3.75 minutes each. With a bar feed machine not a bad rate figured at $40.00 per hour unmanned time.
.66 cents per minute x 3.75 minutes allowing .78 cents per piece for material.

Material 18 12' bars @ 72 Lbs. ea. total of 1296 Lbs. @ .60 cent per pound directly from the steel mill. Pleaces like online metals and speedy metals are ok for little pieces of steel so if you are paying about 3.00 a piece for this material you wont be in business for long it's absolutely insane!!! (this is cold rolled steel not Stainless)

This is the real world gentilmen this is what the competition is doing out there you cant make any money sitting watching your machines, One guy keeping two to three machines running like this is not a bad living but you have to be good at what you do, efficiant and organized and your machines cant be toys you have to remove material fast with 10-15 HP spindles and machines moving at 900-1800 inches per min. and set your machines up so you can walk away and not worry. There is a difference bettween a Hobbiest and a Manufacturer so Manufacturers thank you for the quotes.

DareBee

So
we have 2 hours programming and 3 setup.

I can forsee "giving" away 5 hours labour at $100/hour but not at a cut-rate price of $40.
What about quoting, purchasing, handling, billing etc. These things all take time.

If the production guys can live on nothing, I will definately stay with my tooling.
I guess it is now a worldwide buyers market - I will crawl back into my hole (where I make a decent margin) and shadup.

BTW my material cost would $1.30

Status
Not open for further replies.