250 pcs. 1-1/5 Dia. CRS 4 times a year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Larry1

Good luck Arty3000, I hope you get the contract, you seem to be honest in your desire for this contract.

lstool

Job Awarded for $2.85 ea. with a Blanket P.O.

Please provide your best pricees on 250 pcs. 4 times a year need to award job by Dec 27, 2007, with a 2-3 weeks turn around for the first order and a 3 pc. sample within a week for approval and first article. Please review the attached DXF file and please send quotes via fax to (732) 777-0756 or private message but feel free to post your prices on this forum as this will eliminate participation of individuals who just cannot compete so if you are confident your prices are competitive post away also please send along information about you and or your company via. either your web-site or a faxed letter with a facility list and listed capabulities.
Any questions please post them here as others may have the same questions.
Thank you

:) Job has been awarded to a local vendor for $2.85 ea. with a blanket purchase order for 1300 pcs. with a release of 325 pcs. every 3 months samples have been recieved and accepted wothout a P.O. even being issued! (this is how jobs get awarded, go the extra mile, leave the tissues behind)

:cool: Regretfully there is way to much drama on this forum and I am afraid my expierience here has not been what was expected. There were spacific instructions given to those who would be quoting and we still did not recieve one fax and only info., capabulities and a facility list from only one respondant.

We recieved only 5 quotes from the forum two between $9.00 and $11.00 and one under $5.00 and two under $3.50.

:confused: From only 5 quotes recieved from this thread there had been a total of 50 replies and 1470 views and from all of that drama I think I answered one question. Go figure! Whats going on here? Theses numbers tell a bigger story.

:eek: Practicalmachinist.com is more of a discussion forum the experimental shop backyard guys / hobby shops should go there to vent their fustrations about incapabulities of being competitive or create another thread for this unproductive activity, in fact most of the complainers did not even atempt to submit a price of any sort.
Quote. Don't Quote. Move on. Thats it. Move on to something more productive and profitable.
Hopefully in the future processing RFQ's will be a little bit more productive and alot less dramatic.
Only time will tell, we'll see....

Status
Not open for further replies.