Small Job Quote Needed 26pc Roller Bearing Mount

Status
Not open for further replies.

mmachine

I am looking to have these turned from any mild steel.
22pc to sketch, and 4 additional pieces with a 2.777" OD
Only tolerances that matter are bearing bore and OD can be -0 / +.001
The end opposite the bearing bore can be parted, saw cut, doesn't matter. It will be inside a roller.

PM me with any quotes with lead times. I will order immediately on an acceptable price and lead time.
I can pay with credit card, paypal, whatever is easiest.

Shipping will be to West Unity, OH 43570 if you want to include shipping cost in your quote.

View attachment RollerBearing.pdf

Last edited:

mmachine

I'm not going to do it, but I would imagine you are going to get blasted for not reading my post about sending a PM and the rules about posting prices in the forums in big bold letters at the top of every page.

mmachine

Parts are ordered from a member here. Thanks to everyone who quoted. I got a wide variety of prices, but lead time was the deciding factor.

Tman1998

I am looking to have these turned from any mild steel.
22pc to sketch, and 4 additional pieces with a 2.777" OD
Only tolerances that matter are bearing bore and OD can be -0 / +.001
The end opposite the bearing bore can be parted, saw cut, doesn't matter. It will be inside a roller.

PM me with any quotes with lead times. I will order immediately on an acceptable price and lead time.
I can pay with credit card, paypal, whatever is easiest.

Shipping will be to West Unity, OH 43570 if you want to include shipping cost in your quote.

View attachment 3224

Hello,

I realize you have already awarded this job, but if you would gracious enough to let me know if I would have been in the ballpark on this job, I would appreciate it. I am newer to this site, and have not made it a habit to check in daily. My price would be as follows:
22 small OD and 4 large OD roller bearing holders - with 1 week lead time.
The 40mm bore would have a tapered lead-in for ease of assembly (if desired) for the same price.

Thank you,

Troy

Last edited by a moderator:

Dualkit

Hello,

I realize you have already awarded this job, but if you would gracious enough to let me know if I would have been in the ballpark on this job, I would appreciate it. I am newer to this site, and have not made it a habit to check in daily. My price would be as follows:
22 small OD and 4 large OD roller bearing holders - $585 with 1 week lead time.
The 40mm bore would have a tapered lead-in for ease of assembly (if desired) for the same price.

Thank you,

Troy

I will bet my right arm you would not even be close. Since you are new here please note, the more people able to do the job, the lower it will go for labor rate wise.
Anyone with a $500 beater lathe can do this job. Also anyone close to a full service steel yard will get the material for $50, not the $150 higher plus shipping the online places charge. I didn't bid, but if I did I would look at it as 4 hours max if I took my sweet time. You can't charge a lot for simple parts so I would just call it $50 an hour plus $25 for tooling wear. that puts me at $275 and I know I would be way high on a job like this so I didn't bid. I would bet you someone came in at under $200 easily. Some guys don't even charge for material if they have drops, figuring it was only worth 4 cents a pound for scrap. Also hungry guys starting out part time with limited equipment will be all over this job and have no problem giving up watching sports on Sunday for $20 an hour.

mmachine

I will bet my right arm you would not even be close. Since you are new here please note, the more people able to do the job, the lower it will go for labor rate wise.
Anyone with a $500 beater lathe can do this job. Also anyone close to a full service steel yard will get the material for $50, not the $150 higher plus shipping the online places charge. I didn't bid, but if I did I would look at it as 4 hours max if I took my sweet time. You can't charge a lot for simple parts so I would just call it $50 an hour plus $25 for tooling wear. that puts me at $275 and I know I would be way high on a job like this so I didn't bid. I would bet you someone came in at under $200 easily. Some guys don't even charge for material if they have drops, figuring it was only worth 4 cents a pound for scrap. Also hungry guys starting out part time with limited equipment will be all over this job and have no problem giving up watching sports on Sunday for $20 an hour.

FYI, I paid more than your estimated quote to have a quality shop make these. I only got one bottom dollar quote, which was easily discarded.

Microshaped

I would agree I didn't bid on this Job But would have don't it at next to nothing on my CNC With Bar Feeder. Got to be very competitive

Dualkit

FYI, I paid more than your estimated quote to have a quality shop make these. I only got one bottom dollar quote, which was easily discarded.

Thanks for the reply. I didn't have the material in stock or I would have thrown that price out there. Pretty sure if you left that quote open a couple days instead of hours you would have plenty of people under my quick estimate. Since you closed it out in 7 hours I feel I am entitled to keep my right arm.

jtrippe

Do you have any other opportunities for me to quote? Time Machine Inc is located in Western, Pennsylvania and we are a top notch quality machine shop with a wide range of capabilities. Thank you.

mmachine

I need some additional parts turned.
6 large, and 6 small. See original post for sketch and details.
Need these ASAP so if you can make and ship them in the next few days please send me a quote via PM.

Automation810

I need some additional parts turned.
6 large, and 6 small. See original post for sketch and details.
Need these ASAP so if you can make and ship them in the next few days please send me a quote via PM.

Quote in progress- may I have your email address please?

Okay, sorry I am new to the forum and didnt realize. What do you mean by 6 large and 6 small? Do you want 6 with 1.866 OD and 6 with 2.777 OD? Once I know the answer to this I will PM you my quote. Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.