Altered Metal Works info (machine shop)

Altered Metal Works
P:(207) 890-6377
F:(207) 539-4571
1012 king ST.
Oxford ME 04270
Altered Metal Works, located in Oxford, ME., is a specialty machine shop experienced in mostly the machine tool industry. All of our employees hold 7+ years experience in their trades and familiar with various materials including aluminum and steel. AMW is primarily precision milling service which allows our customers to have one shop for these specific needs. Our equipment is well maintained and clean ensuring proper function during runs.We use Solidworks for all design, engineering, and prototyping needs while closely following ISO standards to provide the highest quality parts in the industry. We describe ourselves as a small machine shop with big potential and our proud to serve our customers so closely. We are experts in machine milling services and look forward to broadening our customer base with new clients. You can count on Altered Metal Works for on time deliveries, the most competitive prices, and made to spec products. Machine shop capabilities:We currently own a mazak cnc-milling machine, with 22 inches in the X axis16.125 inches in the Y-axis and 20 inches in the Z-axis. The machine has a 24-pocket tool changer. The max rpm of the machine is 7000 rpm and max rapid is 196 ipm.

Please call with any questions or concerns

Adam Cram
(President)
:) :)

kroth1

Sales Manager
Adam,

Sounds like you have a well equiped shop. Are there plans for ISO certification? The reason I ask is I am the sales manager for a shop with all state of the art CNC turning and milling equipment and found ourselves being denied work because we were not ISO certified. Now that we are as of 3 months ago, we have seen substancial growth in new business. We are now working 3 shifts and having trouble keeping up.

The down side is the paperwork with report cards, quality tracking documentation and if there is an error, the non-conformance paperwork can be a nightmare.

Good luck. If I can be assistance let me know.

Ken Roth
Sales Manager
MS Action Machining
815-344-3770
kroth@ms-action.com