Request For Quote- Aluminum Machined Blank

Status
Not open for further replies.

Randy K

Request is for a roughly 5 inch by 2 inch by 1.18 in thick 6061-T6 blank, machined into an "L" shape with an inside radius and an outside angle.

Material: 6061-T6

Material and Machining is to be included in quote. (You provide material)

Specify if shipping is included in your quote, shipping to zip code 97333.

Quote quantities of: 10, 20, 50, 100.

Quote Lead time, and Lead time for each quantity if different.

Contact info: Randy Knight
Knight Design LLC
randyk@knightdesignllc.com / or reply to this thread or PM me(I think I read where I'm not suppose to have a reply to "@.com" if so, then don't do that :D

Quote will close in 2 weeks: July 25 2009

Attachments

• XBblank.pdf
    23.8 KB · Views: 229
Would you rather buy completed foot pegs from us? We have been looking for additional products to manufacture and it looks like yours are selling pretty good on eBay! I should have them finished and in quantity in a couple of months

Randy K

Would you rather buy completed foot pegs from us? We have been looking for additional products to manufacture and it looks like yours are selling pretty good on eBay! I should have them finished and in quantity in a couple of months
Since I will get several questions regarding this, I will just post this for all.

I have looked into outsourcing the entire completed product, but so far it has been way to costly, much more than what the product sells for. I would consider getting a quote for the entire product, but an NDA would need to be signed, and I would be selective in who I allowed to quote the entire product. I have several more products in design as well.

Randy

Shelby964

Randy,
An email was sent yesterday. Thanks for any and all consideration.

George Sharp
Imagination Industries Inc.
230 Hamer Rd.
Owens Cross Roads, AL 35763
256-725-5500

Dualkit

Dear Sir,

We are from india ,we furnish quote for your consideration

with materials and shipping

10-3.5$
20-3.5$
50&100-3$

Thanks&regards

V.Sivakumar

There has to be something wrong here, even paying $1.50 a pound for crappy
Chinese aluminum, material cost $2.50 each. So then you have $10 left for
shipping and profit on 10 parts. I think the cheapest air freight is more than $10. I realize labor is cheap in India but the parts are quoted at less than cost. Don't we call that dumping?

justice25

Ultimate Tool & Die Inc.
There has to be something wrong here, even paying $1.50 a pound for crappy
Chinese aluminum, material cost $2.50 each. So then you have $10 left for
shipping and profit on 10 parts. I think the cheapest air freight is more than $10. I realize labor is cheap in India but the parts are quoted at less than cost. Don't we call that dumping?
2nd That

Dear Sir,

I think I did not convey the quote properly. The cost per part is 3.5 $ upto 20 parts. Upto 50 parts, it costs 3$ per part. Upto 200 parts, it costs 2.5 $ per part. it includes air freight also. I will send the test report of the material also for 6061 ( the indian equivalent is HE30).

Thanks and regards

V Sivakumar

Bounceshot

Hi Randy,

I attached the complete quote.

Dave

Since I will get several questions regarding this, I will just post this for all.

I have looked into outsourcing the entire completed product, but so far it has been way to costly, much more than what the product sells for. I would consider getting a quote for the entire product, but an NDA would need to be signed, and I would be selective in who I allowed to quote the entire product. I have several more products in design as well.

Randy

Attachments

• Aluminum Blank.pdf
    41.1 KB · Views: 68

buds207

American Quality

I am a small shop with very low overhead, I am not paying any health ins., unemployment, or employee wages and I cannot even begin to compete with that quote. My material cost for 4 bars of 6061 is $260.54 and that is quoting for 100 pcs. That leaves me at $2.61 in material PER PIECE! Unless I ran the parts at cost of material only, there is no way to compete with oversees labor.
Then you wonder why American manufacturing is going down the drain!
I feel sorry for the larger shops that have employees, numerous machine payments, and serious overhead. I just don't see how they can survive in this economy! If this is what it is coming to, then excuse me I must go practice.... "Welcome to McDonalds's can I take your order"

Aaron Shadle
Mayhem Machining
Owner
American Quality...PERIOD!

Dualkit

I am a small shop with very low overhead, I am not paying any health ins., unemployment, or employee wages and I cannot even begin to compete with that quote. My material cost for 4 bars of 6061 is $260.54 and that is quoting for 100 pcs. That leaves me at $2.61 in material PER PIECE! Unless I ran the parts at cost of material only, there is no way to compete with oversees labor.
Then you wonder why American manufacturing is going down the drain!
I feel sorry for the larger shops that have employees, numerous machine payments, and serious overhead. I just don't see how they can survive in this economy! If this is what it is coming to, then excuse me I must go practice.... "Welcome to McDonalds's can I take your order"

Aaron Shadle
Mayhem Machining
Owner
American Quality...PERIOD!

American quality? At your material price is that American made material?
I only buy USA made 6061 and my material cost is higher and I shopped around a lot. We can't be yelling buy American when we are using Chinese
material, that would make us hypocrites. The USA made is more expensive
but plates and machines better, in the end it is worth the extra money.
It also keeps dollars in the USA.

Centerline MFG.

NDA Paperwork

Randy

Hi Randy,
I sent you a PM with pricing, I would be interested if giving you a package price on your project, if you would like to send your NDA and prints, we will take a look at them and get you some pricing together. Thanks, Chris

buds207

American quality? At your material price is that American made material?
I only buy USA made 6061 and my material cost is higher and I shopped around a lot. We can't be yelling buy American when we are using Chinese
material, that would make us hypocrites. The USA made is more expensive
but plates and machines better, in the end it is worth the extra money.
It also keeps dollars in the USA.

Dualkit,

First of all I would like to say that the "American Quality...PERIOD!" at the end of my message was not meant to be a slam on foriegn manufacturing, it is and has been my company slogan for 4 years now.
With that being said...
Yes, my aluminum prices are domestic material from Pennsylvania. You said that your material costs are higher than what I stated ($2.61) in my post?! But you quoted this job for 10-20 pcs at $3.50 and 50-100 pcs at $3.00. If you are saying that you are using American material and that it is more expensive than the $2.61 I posted, then how are you planning on turning any profit. I don't know how it is in India, but the banks here take your machines if you don't profit and make payments.
Your numbers just don't add up!

Aaron

Dualkit

Buds 207,

I think you need to read more carefully. I quoted someone else"s prices
I did not post any of my own. My material cost is $2.88 each on the large lot
price, higher than yours but not by much, could be that I am much further away
from the mill than you. Around here you have to look hard to not find aluminum from China.

drylakemachine

blanks

Randy, If you branch out into the asian products and they are around the same finished profile,I think i'd be looking at forgeing.You could leave it a little long, finish on a mill turn,But we are talking 1000's so you'll have to expand your sales network.
I'm guessing you could cut retail price by 15% and still have 100% profit.
Or i could be all wet.Just a thought.
jim

Status
Not open for further replies.