Aluminum part

Status
Not open for further replies.

lengould

I need qty 4 of the part shown on the attached images, will send you larger versions or ACAD dwg / dxf on request. Agreed some turning, some milling, as do-able. Grade of aluminum not critical, whatever can maintain the tolerances. The "half-round" chambers can have their corners (chamfered / radiused) as required. Ideally a decent appearance finish on external surfaces, flat bottom needs to be smooth, inside chambers can be fairly rough provided tolerances met.

1) Material type
Aluminum, no spec. (May also be interested in sets from other materials eg iron / steel, brass/copper/bronze, other)

2) Is a material quote required or is material supplied.
You supply material

3) Quantity
4 items required initially, ideally more to follow

4) Drawings should be immediately available or necessary specs.
Attachments here, or will send larger.

5) Required time frame
Minimum do-able within my tight budget.

6) RFQ ending time
will advise by editing this

Thanks for your time

Attachments

• V5_Halfside_SW1b.gif
    V5_Halfside_SW1b.gif
    10.9 KB · Views: 49
  • V5_Halfside_Dim1b.gif
    V5_Halfside_Dim1b.gif
    7.7 KB · Views: 36
  • V5_Halfside_Dim2b.gif
    V5_Halfside_Dim2b.gif
    5.8 KB · Views: 30
  • V5_Halfside_Dim3b.gif
    V5_Halfside_Dim3b.gif
    6 KB · Views: 25

DareBee

Those are very tight tolerances for someone on a limited budget, this will be an expensive job.
If you are seriously willing to spend the money ($250-600ea) email me the dwgs as well as the 3d model and I will provide a firm quote.

lengould

Hi DareBee. I agree those are tight tolerances for a prototype. I can live with greater encroaching variances into the chambers as necessary to get costs to reasonable. What tolerance can I revise the dwg. to to make it feasable?

I'm also considering accepting having a pair of the parts machined as a single round piece, then sawcutting them into halves (I can do that here). Would that make the job any easier for you?

DareBee

If you do the round pieces and get rid of those flanges. It will make a HUGE difference in pricing.
You can counterbore the holes right through a solid round, make it barstock size so there is no external turning needed and +/-0.005 for your tight tolerances, loosen up on all dimensions that do nothing and now you are talking along the line of a budget oriented part.
This may not suit what you need but this would be budget oriented - only you can decide what you truly need.

lengould

Ok. I'll do revised version for turning only and post a new thread in the lathe section tonite. Question. If turning as above, could you do four of these pieces as single item, eg. two pairs end-to-end? Would that make any difference, eg. lower cost?

InspirationToolworks

Crazy Inventor
I'm gonna be nosey here... If you can allow the part to be stack laminated, and then pinned together, you could make it on a waterjet cheaply.

It looks like your fins/troughs are all the same width. EDIT Never mind... I just looked closer at the fin/trough widths. /EDIT

-Jeff

DareBee

lengould said:
Ok. I'll do revised version for turning only and post a new thread in the lathe section tonite. Question. If turning as above, could you do four of these pieces as single item, eg. two pairs end-to-end? Would that make any difference, eg. lower cost?

No that wouldnt help any

Email them to me as well

Status
Not open for further replies.