Quick Quote Needed Aluminum tool parts RFQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

willstrickland

I'm in the sourcing phase of product development. Looking for a range/ballpark est at this time, not a hard quote. Production runs will be 5,000-10,000 pieces, with appox 5 runs annually.

Part is a 0.20" thick, roughly 1" dia. 2D shape consisting of a partial log-spiral, in 6061 T6. Essentially the part is very similar to the cam lobes on an engine camshaft. Each part has two holes through the thickness, one at 0.25" dia,of which must be centered precisely at the rotational point of the curve (say to a 0.01 tolerance), another at 0.05" dia. The part would also need a 0.05" channel slicing halfway through the part, perpendicular to the thickness.

I would think the easiest way to do this would be to somehow put the outline/shape into a length of barstock, then do the partial slice/channels and slice the individual lobes off the shaped bar. No idea when you'd drill. And I'm not a machinist and have no cnc experience, so have no idea really the most efficient way to do this.

I can get into specifics of the curve parameters if needed, but at this point just trying to ballpark this to see if we can get financing to build the product. For an example of the curve in polar coodinates, let's call it:

r= e^(Θ* (arctan Φ))

So radius equals constant e to the power of (theta times arctan phi)

r: radius
e: euler constant..2.71828... etc
theta: angle of rotation
phi: camming angle, in this case call it 15degrees.

I'm not a machinist or even close. Trying to compete against a co. that offshored production. I intended to make and source everything in the U.S. Even a WAG/ballpark guess helps me out, I've got to get numbers to arrange financing.

sstgm1

Hello
We are a cnc machine shop located in IL. We would love to help you out but we need more
information. If you would like to discuss this further you can email us at sstgm1@aol.com
We look forward to hearing from you
Dave
SST

Status
Not open for further replies.