Anodizing Sale

Professorwiz

Things have been abit slow lately sooo..
I'm having a "Small Batch Sale" to introduce myself and fill in some time slots..
1 -3 pcs under 5" X 5" X 5" cube for only $25.00 !
Type II anodize in your choice of Blue, Red, Clear, Purple, or Gold.
5 - 10 bus. day delivery, you pay shipping both ways.

carbspacerred2a.jpg
knobdone1a.jpg

I'm sure you'll be very pleased with the results.
Thanks,
Russ
russ@professorwiz.com

Last edited:

RFQadmin

Site Owner
Staff member
How do you need the material finished? I have parts that have been sandblasted can they be done?

Professorwiz

They can be done, but I'm not sure you'll like the finish. The Anodize "grows" up with the surface of the material. Sandblasting gives a "random" grain to it, it will look patchy. Smooth surfaces look the best and the polished ones are shinier. Different grades of aluminum also give different results with some giving a little bit of a different shade. A brushed (scotch brite type finish) will give a nice dull finish that's fairly uniform. An anodized finish doesn't hide any imperfections but magnifies them.
I've also anodized welded aluminum parts and there are usually large blackened area's that are around the weld area. You also need to make sure that the welding rod used is appropriate for anodize.
What kind of finish are you looking for?
Russ

Professorwiz

Very Cool, I would be happy to try but have not done a sandblasted part yet. Most are either polished or buffed. I would have to say it would come out quite dull. After abit of research it shouldn't be a problem but depending on how they were sandblasted there could be some problems. The 1st would be imbedded steel from the sandblast unless it was done with glass bead. The 2nd would be oil from the compressor being pounded into the aluminum from the glass bead or media. Did you do the sandblasting yourself? If so do you have an oil/water trap before the sandblaster?
Thanks again for the interest.
Russ

gollumcaprio

The Anodized finish doesn't hide any imperfections but magnifies them.An Anodize grown up with the surface of the material. Sandblasting gives a random grain to it. It will look patchy. Smooth surfaces look the best and the polished ones are shinier. Aluminum's different grades also gives results with giving a little bit of a shade's different types. A brushe will give a nice dull finish that is fairly uniform.