anyone Mill keys?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cnc2k

Hello,

I have a car key that needs to be mill to the correct groove before taking it to the lock smith to have it cut. Anyone interested doing this? if you can do it, i'll place a large order(30-50 keys).

First picture shows the original key and second picture shows the key after it's being milled.

let me know

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    5.2 KB · Views: 142
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    4.3 KB · Views: 125

KTECH

I doubt anyone here is going to cut those keys for you!

I would say that no one here will cut those keys for you. From my perspective it appears to me as though you may use those keys to steal cars and finish grind them yourself to do so. From a moral and ethical stand point I know I would never cut those keys for you and I doubt any other legitimate machine shop would either. Good luck though. I am sure you will find a shop somewhere to cut them.

harold altland

cutting keys

I GOT a reply as if i posted this question i responded and i will responde
again i would have said the same thing about steal the car thing but i was being short and nice not to start a rampaige here. I donot know why i got an email like i did . i ony responded . I REALY THINK IT WOULD TAKE A WI-KID TO MAKE A KEY LIKE THAT AND HAVE IT WORK IN THE PROCESS

cnc2k

There are people out there have done this job before. I am just surprise that it can't be done here. Lock smith does not mill keys, they only cut them to fit individual car or door.

here is another view of the key

Attachments

• After.JPG
    After.JPG
    36.5 KB · Views: 143

sclasson

There are people out there have done this job before. I am just surprise that it can't be done here. Lock smith does not mill keys, they only cut them to fit individual car or door.

here is another view of the key

What are these, generic blanks of luxury car keys you plan to sell as a lower cost replacement option than orignial dealer keys?

erd39030

Maquinados CNC
Sure, I can mill those keys, but only if you can demonstrate that it is a completely legal and ethic bussiness.

levelzero

What are these, generic blanks of luxury car keys you plan to sell as a lower cost replacement option than orignial dealer keys?

Thats personally what I would guess. The price to have a new key made/cut by the dealer can range from $100 to $600 and in some cases take 6-8 weeks to arrive from overseas.

There are also way easier ways to steal a car then trying to cut a key for it, although I wish more thieves would use keys ..... would have saved me from replacing the whole steering column in my truck.

Check out [SIZE=-1]www.baitcar.com/ for some examples as well as to watch people get arrested :)[/SIZE]

cnc2k

Yes, this is legal. These key are for newer model cars, which has remote and key in one peice. I went to the dealer and they said they can cut the keys only if the keys are mill to the correct size and grooves.

jaychristenson

I can run them for $10 to $15 dollars a key. Depending on if it has groves one or two sides. If you had a print or a sample part I could let you know more. If you would like me to just run one and send it to you as a sample that would be fine to I would not charge you anything extra.. And you pay shipping.

Please email me and let me know
Thanks jay
jaychristenson@gmail.com

cnc2k

Hello all,
Sorry for bring back this old thread. Will i have request to have some keys mill as stated above. everything went as planed until UPS lose my keys as a result i put this whole thing to a stop. I was only able to recover $100 from UPS because i didn't pay for additional insurance. Anyway i am interested to have keys mill again. if anyone is interested, please let me know.

thanks alot

harold altland

Were would i find a blank key to look at ?Can you pst a picture of a sample you need milled ,a before and after.I hope you understand?

Status
Not open for further replies.