Quick Quote Needed Automotive Brake Caliper Bracket

Status
Not open for further replies.

terror_storm

Hello,

I am interested in getting a quote on producing the following part. I am unsure of the quantity that will be required. Initially I will require only two them. These are brackets that will be used to adapt from rear drum brakes to disc brakes on a ~2,300lb car. That being said, I don't know what thickness or type of steel to use for this application. My "gut feeling" says that 5/16" or 3/8" thick should be sufficient. I have included a pair of images below, as well as a .dxf of the part.

If you have any questions feel free to ask!

Thanks!

Jeremy

Plate4.jpg

Plate3.jpg

Attachments

• Caliper Plate.DXF
    109.3 KB · Views: 47

Centerline MFG.

Jeremy

Not able to get you an e-mail for some reason, rfq e-mails are down. Give me a call, that shouldn't be a problem on Tuesday. Chris

terror_storm

Thanks to all whom have replied. I will be testing this solution this weekend and at that time I will be selecting a supplier IF it works as planned.

Jeremy

Danni from IDC

Dear Jeremy,

The pricing of the part is based on using 3/8 cool-rolled steel, if you only need two parts, the parts are made with laser cutting, if the quantity is over 50 I suggest using the way of wire cutting. If the parts are made by IDC, I can provide you quotation in term of DDU, and IDC will send the parts to you by Express, the cost is about US$93.5.

Please see attached quotation. Now I am explaining the quotation for your better understanding.

Part Number: brackets
Product Material: CS

QTY: 2
Part Sales Price FOB Shanghai: US$21

QTY: 500
Part Sales Price FOB Shanghai: US$5.29

I am waiting for your further information.

Best Regards,

Sales Reps:Danni
IDC ( Shanghai ) Co., Ltd.
Email: sales1@idctsr.com

terror_storm

OK. After doing the engineering I have come up with two solutions:

1) The part will be milled to 0.33in±0.01in thickness across the entire part (or you can use plate that is already 0.33in±0.01in; it doesn't have to be milled); this version can be used on either side of the vehicle. See Figure 1 below.

2) The part will be made with ~3/8in material, and only part of the face milled to 0.33in±0.01in. However, this will require a left and a right. See Figure 2 below.

I do not care which route is taken, so long as it is the cheapest option.

The part is approximately 6in x 5in. The six small holes are 27/64in. The center hole is 2.5in. Most of the tolerances are pretty loose. The dimensions that define the relationship between the 7 holes are the most critical.

I will be ordering a pair of these within the week.

Thanks!

Jeremy

Figure 1:

Milledto330.jpg

Figure 2:

LH371PM.jpg

alteregomc

We would be interested in talking to you about this part. We can be reached at 520-307-6380 Alter Ego Motorcycles. Thanks Johann

How about the pricing?

Dear Jeremy,

This is Danni from IDC, I ever quoted and you can saw my quotation below. If you interet on the pricing I provided, please don't hesitate to contact me at email address sales1@idctsr.com, and I would like to provide our best service and products to you.

I hope I can receive your email.

Best Regards,

Danni

absolutecnc

Jeremy:

I sent you a Private Message introducing myself, including information about my company and capabilities. I look forward to the opportunity to do business with you!

Thank You,

Status
Not open for further replies.