Request For Quote- Batch of parts milling and turning

Status
Not open for further replies.

I need a batch of parts machined. There are some milling and some turning. The complete list, drawings and CAD files can be downloaded here: www.mikroforma.net/rfqfiles.zip
It is 7MB archive. Inside is xls file where I would like quoted prices to be written and this file emailed back to mikroforma (at) mikroforma (dot) net
Any comments, questions or suggestions are welcome and also should be put in to that xls file if they are related to some specific part.
I will consider also partial quotes and can easily split in to few orders.
Time is not critical, no urgency.

clgraymachineco

I will review the drawings and CAD files and send you a quote in a few days. I hope that I will have the opportunity to serve your need. Thank You.
Chris Gray
C.L.Gray Machine Co.

ALAUDY

I am looking through drawings now. hope we can do business together.

Art Laudenslager
Art's Custom Machine
artscustomengineering.com

Dualkit

Take a look at your tolerances, you have press fits all over the place even on some of the larger diameters. I only looked at the lathe parts. If the people who have submitted bids are paying attention you will be getting some high quotes. The more tolerance you can engineer in the cheaper it will be. Good example I think your knob has a .0007 (inch) included tolerance on the bore diameter. Since it is held by a screw and probably is turned by hand +/- .005 would work. Most people would have to buy gauges to check .0007 included.

Take a look at your tolerances, you have press fits all over the place even on some of the larger diameters. I only looked at the lathe parts. If the people who have submitted bids are paying attention you will be getting some high quotes. The more tolerance you can engineer in the cheaper it will be. Good example I think your knob has a .0007 (inch) included tolerance on the bore diameter. Since it is held by a screw and probably is turned by hand +/- .005 would work. Most people would have to buy gauges to check .0007 included.

Yes, you are right - knob is overtoleranced for sure. It could be 1 or 2 more places like this - but not more. All shafts goes in to bearings. The readily ground and precise turned shaft rods can be purchased at mcmaster.com or sdp-si.com and then only cut to required lengths and grooved.
Actual bearing can be used instead of gauge were needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.