Quick Quote Needed Bending a small aluminum piece

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hutch

Hi all,
I have a very small ~12"x7" piece that I would need bent into the following shape, the aluminum is 5mm thick.

Ignore the small blocks inside the bottom part of the "S" bend.
Preview.png

Just want to know if anyone here can do it and a rough estimate. Would also take it in carbon fiber if anyone here can do that.

Thanks!

rowdy

Hutch...

Lets assume that the top plate bolts on to the two side pieces...the bottom of the S's....

The rule of thumbs on reg tooling is you can bend a channel with legs half the length of the width of the bottom. If your part was 1 inch across bottom, 1/2 legs to make the U shape is easy.
Once you go past this...you need a box die. To get the legs of the U shape the same as the bottom width is getting about max on box die. So, 1 width on bottom...1 inch legs...

If you intend to bend this piece as it is in the picture you posted all in one piece....well....that would take some mighty special tooling. Not to mention no square corners as in the picture...the bends would all be radius'ed.

Just FYI ....

Rowdy

Please tell me your e-mail address and contact information for us to communicate better.

Look forward your information.
Best regards.

Status
Not open for further replies.