Small Job Quote Needed Bronze Sleeve Bushing

Status
Not open for further replies.

N_Parker

Please PM for STEP file with detail. I only need 20 pieces for DV. The only tight tolerance is the 0.251" outside diameter in the center of the part. It needs to be 0.2502" - 0.2512". All other dimensions +/- 0.0025. Overall length is 1.115". Material C655 bronze.

Thanks

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    16.2 KB · Views: 123
Last edited:

solidworks4you

N_Parker we are a medium size company located outside of Toledo Ohio with CNC milling & turning, 3D printing, and plastic injection molding capabilities

We specialize in precision CNC machining and turning - can you email me a 2D technical drawing and a file in STEP or IGES format so that I can provide you with a quote?

- Jay

Got Plastic Injection Molding Needs?
isotronixdevices@yahoo.com
www.isotronixdevices.com

N_Parker

N_Parker we are a medium size company located outside of Toledo Ohio with CNC milling & turning, 3D printing, and plastic injection molding capabilities

We specialize in precision CNC machining and turning - can you email me a 2D technical drawing and a file in STEP or IGES format so that I can provide you with a quote?

- Jay

Got Plastic Injection Molding Needs?
isotronixdevices@yahoo.com
www.isotronixdevices.com

E-mail sent....

N_Parker

RFQ Closed and DV parts awarded. I appreciate everyone that took the time to quote.
Have a great Thanksgiving.

N_Parker

You only gave one business day for quotes, so it's unlikely you had much to choose from and not from legitimate machine shops. I work in sales and don't work on the weekend. I had several customer appointments today and only discovered your posting now. I assume you only wanted hobby machinists who work out of their garage or a very small business.

Dennis Shatto
EFS Enterprises Company
3855 24th Avenue
Forest Grove, OR 97116
Ph. (503) 359-9200
Fax (503) 359-9400
"Machining quality parts is our way of life"
dennis@efsenterprises.com
www.efsenterprises.com

Dualkit

You only gave one business day for quotes, so it's unlikely you had much to choose from and not from legitimate machine shops. I work in sales and don't work on the weekend. I had several customer appointments today and only discovered your posting now. I assume you only wanted hobby machinists who work out of their garage or a very small business.

Dennis Shatto
EFS Enterprises Company
3855 24th Avenue
Forest Grove, OR 97116
Ph. (503) 359-9200
Fax (503) 359-9400
www.efsenterprises.com

Why the attitude? Maybe you didn't notice but the simpler and low quantity a job is the more people bid as next to no one would look at this job and say "I don't have the equipment to make that?" Also be aware there seems to be a flood of new members lately which usually signals a poor economy, again more people turning over rocks looking for work. The OP could have got a dozen quotes in a couple hours. Better question if you work for a place large enough to have a salesman that isn't the owner what are you doing here getting upset that you missed a chance to snag someone's pizza and beer money away from him? I am legitimate but small and I don't even bother bidding on these type jobs. If you win the margins are usually too low. Pretty sure whomever won probably will make $100 or so profit, an outfit with a salesman would not be in business long if they took on a lot of jobs like this one.

gpcinc

Wow Denis. R - E - L - A - X

Dennis,
I am the legitimate machine shop that this buyer gave the order to. I have produced a small lot of parts for him within the last year. I am guessing he was confident enough in my services to place another order with me within a few hours of my quote being sent. Most buyers on here are looking for just that, quality work with a quick turnaround and an honest vendor that doesn't cut corners. I am a very small, family owned business who has been making chips for over 40 years. My father started our company with four Brown and Sharpe screw machines and a handshake that meant something. I have dealt with billion dollar customers as well mom-and-pop shops that only want to deal with somoene with integrity.
I find your response to his post extremly rude. I would think twice about treating anyone like that.
I hope you have a safe and Happy Thanksgiving. I also hope that your company motto is not the only way of life for you. My way of life has more to do with treating people with respect.

Rich Gentner
Gentner Precision Components
406 Stafford Road
Palmyra NY 14522
315-597-5734
fax: 315-597-2149
rgentner@gentnerprecision.com

Dennis Shatto
EFS Enterprises Company
3855 24th Avenue
Forest Grove, OR 97116
Ph. (503) 359-9200
Fax (503) 359-9400
www.efsenterprises.com

Dualkit, some small jobs that I have gotten off RFQWork have led to future production orders that most small shops are not capable of doing. It doesn't always happen, but that is what my job in sales is all about, gaining new repeat customers. Like you, the owner of my company started out small 21 years ago. When the 2008 economy crash happened we had grown to the point where we survived where we saw several local machine shops go out of business. Most of those had machine payments they couldn't make. Fortunately at that time we only had one machine we were still making payments on. Before 2008 we were running 3 shifts and had to cut back to just day shift and lay off machinists since we we had a slow down just like everyone else. That is when the owner hired 2 salesman to gain new business of which I am one. The other has since retired leaving me. We are now back up to 2 shifts. Our business survives today on a number of reoccurring orders with our on-time delivery of quality parts that keeps it going. Good luck on growing your own business.

Dennis Shatto
EFS Enterprises Company
3855 24th Avenue
Forest Grove, OR 97116
Ph. (503) 359-9200
Fax (503) 359-9400
www.efsenterprises.com

IndianCreekGary

Dennis,
I am the legitimate machine shop that this buyer gave the order to. I have produced a small lot of parts for him within the last year. I am guessing he was confident enough in my services to place another order with me within a few hours of my quote being sent. Most buyers on here are looking for just that, quality work with a quick turnaround and an honest vendor that doesn't cut corners. I am a very small, family owned business who has been making chips for over 40 years. My father started our company with four Brown and Sharpe screw machines and a handshake that meant something. I have dealt with billion dollar customers as well mom-and-pop shops that only want to deal with somoene with integrity.
I find your response to his post extremly rude. I would think twice about treating anyone like that.
I hope you have a safe and Happy Thanksgiving. I also hope that your company motto is not the only way of life for you. My way of life has more to do with treating people with respect.

Rich Gentner
Gentner Precision Components
406 Stafford Road
Palmyra NY 14522
315-597-5734
fax: 315-597-2149
rgentner@gentnerprecision.com

Rich... Amen and a very happy Thanksgiving to you and yours.
Dennis... I too, for therapy, have typed things I really didn't believe but that felt good to "say" with a keyboard and see on the screen. The real key is to then hit the "delete" button.
Perhaps, and I'm inclined to believe this from comments in your post, you've never been on the buyers side of things.
If I have a need for an item, and I get a few quotes from others and also someone with whom I have developed a working relationship with, that's likely enough info for me. It doesn't mean I've gone offshore, or went with a garage shop (not that there is anything wrong with that) or anything other than I've seen what I need to see and can make an informed decision and quit looking for the next best number. I already knew what it was worth to me to get it done, and that's not always (not even mostly) just a price thing.
On the salesperson side of things, I'd offer that there just might be a better chance of winning bids through diplomacy and tact than there is jumping down buyers throats (A buyer who listed this RFQ and went with someone from here, no less!). Just sayin'.

I wish you and yours the same happy Thanksgiving as I do to Rich and all our other forum members, and suggest we all give a little thanks that we have these "first world problems" of others sometimes not looking at our bids that we sent from our computers or phones, from our shops, in the warmth, etc. We could be far worse off.

Y'all enjoy the rest of the week!

Microshaped

I agree This is nothing to get upset about unless your that desperate for money. I might be a small shop that works out of a 1500 Sq FT shop in the back of my property with a 40 Taper VMC and a CNC lathe , Brake press, Plasma cutter, Gauges, CMM ...... Why list anymore Size doesn't matter
Quality, respect, and honest is how Successful business operate.

I would hope that every American Would take pride and be respectful to any Serious shop no matter what size. yes I do this for a living it pays my bills but I am a Machinist because I love and have heart for every job I do not because I want a paycheck every week.

God bless everyone have a good and safe Thanksgiving

Matt Schindler
Micro Shaped
Email: Matt@Microshaped.com
Phone: 309-229-3495

gpcinc

Matt,
God bless you as well....Have a safe and Happy Thanksgiving!

Rich

I agree This is nothing to get upset about unless your that desperate for money. I might be a small shop that works out of a 1500 Sq FT shop in the back of my property with a 40 Taper VMC and a CNC lathe , Brake press, Plasma cutter, Gauges, CMM ...... Why list anymore Size doesn't matter
Quality, respect, and honest is how Successful business operate.

I would hope that every American Would take pride and be respectful to any Serious shop no matter what size. yes I do this for a living it pays my bills but I am a Machinist because I love and have heart for every job I do not because I want a paycheck every week.

God bless everyone have a good and safe Thanksgiving

Matt Schindler
Micro Shaped
Email: Matt@Microshaped.com
Phone: 309-229-3495

mps

Mechanical Parts Supplier
Please PM for STEP file with detail. I only need 20 pieces for DV. The only tight tolerance is the 0.251" outside diameter in the center of the part. It needs to be 0.2502" - 0.2512". All other dimensions +/- 0.0025. Overall length is 1.115". Material C655 bronze.

Thanks

Hello,
Do you still need the part? Do you consider China supplier?
If you do, can you please send drawing to mpscn1@gmail.com
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.