Centering Vise Screw

Status
Not open for further replies.

LarryP

I need small quantities for now 25, 50 pcs with nuts. size is all that matters, thread can be english or metric as long as o.d. stays approx the same. Phone 859-494-6402 Thanks, Larry
Please also see the same in milling work: small vise project. Thank You.

Attachments

• vice screw nuts.pdf
    106.1 KB · Views: 106
Last edited:

dkowalcz

Is this RFQ still open? Need to make some clarifications here...

I'll substitute 1045 for their S45C steel callout, and 360 brass for their BC-6. 3/8-10 ACME is a good substitute for 10mm P2 trapezoidal, it's about .020 less OD and similar lead.

Thread callouts are left hand both sides, looks like should be left hand on the LH side of the print (side where the square is milled) and right hand on the RH side with the shorter journal. This matters, as the nuts would need to be RH/LH also. Class II fit, guess it doesn't matter much since it'll be oxided anway.

Let me know if these substitutions are OK, I can work up a quote for you...

LarryP

dkowalcz,
RFQ is still open... Please refer to the small vise project post in milling work for the entire project, as for your substitutions, if it works, it's OK with me.

dkowalcz

Ok, here's what I can give you:

Nuts: $11.68/ea for qty 50 and 100, $160 NRE for tooling.

Screws: $9.10/ea for qty 25, $7.60/ea for qty 50; supplied without oxide or add $100 for finishing.

3 weeks lead.

I'd like to see the prints for the whole vise so I can confirm that it'll work with the substitutions. Email to dkowalcz@dakeng.com or call (253) 859-9455.

Status
Not open for further replies.