Request For Quote- CNC - Aluminum case

Status
Not open for further replies.

JayKay

Learning Curve guys

Hi All

Please bid on an aluminum case approx 22 x 2.5 x 4.75, bored out. Please use lowest cost aluminum. I have an IGES file for evaluation (I can create STL, STP and others). I am just starting the drawing.

A pdf attached will give an idea what it looks like. I am looking for cost for 1 prototype and thereafter 50 piece lots

By the way, this site has been very effective for getting work out there.

Thanks guys.

Jay

All

Thank you all for responding with bids and comments. I am quite new to this area and what a steep learning curve this particular item has taught me.

As a recently retired electrical engineer now finally getting some of my ideas finally produced, the mechanical engineering and material choice is much more in depth than expected...and rightly so.

This piece will have to be rethought.

Thanks again to those who have passed on design and material info !!

Jay

b_bengineer

Please send all files related to quote this project to benbenjamin@incodema.com
Our company specializes in prototype quantities of formed sheet metal and machined parts across the USA. I would apprciate opportunity to quote this part for you.

www.incodema.com

drylakemachine

Hi. I talked to the folk's at Ranger here in Lynwood at the design 2 part's show about your part about a month ago and he said about 3000.00 for the die,soIguess it just matters how many you need to get too a reasonable per part price.If you want his # email me jamesmustaikis@yahoo.com
jim

spencerben23

Dear Jay,

Jay,
My name is Ben Spencer and I own a machine shop in Virginia. I am a NASA apprentice machinist with 27 year in the business. I would love to give you a pricing to manufacture this part if it is still on the market. Please feel free to e-mail me if you would like my companies capability's list and a price. My e-mail address is....... beno@pmt.hrcoxmail.com
Thank you sir for your time,
Ben Spencer
President
PMT llc.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.