Request For Quote- Exhaust Manifold Flange

Status
Not open for further replies.

STCCOMPOSITES

Good evening all, I am currently working on engineering a turbo kit, and looking for a shop that can make some flanges for me...

Looking at a quantity of appx. 10 for an initial order, w/ more to possibly follow depending on quality and turnaround.

Flanges will be made of 1/2" THK 304SS provided by those rendering service. Please include material costs in quote.

I've attached a rough design of the manifold... Critical dimesions are pretty much right on, but the exterior design is subject to change...

Upon awarding, I'd like to send out a manifold gasket and have a flange reverse engineered...

If you please can quote me w/ best availability on for having them completed, that would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Last edited:

STCCOMPOSITES

Sorry tried to attach a file and no luck... So if you'd like just reply to this thread w/ your contact info and I can email it you...

STCCOMPOSITES

Guess it helps if you hit the right button to add the file... Ive attached it now!

Thanks!

Attachments

• flange.dxf
    18.7 KB · Views: 118

bobk

I can't veiw any dimensions on your drawing. Do you have a preference for machining this part? It looks like it would be best suited for a laser or waterjet!

STCCOMPOSITES

No preference, and Im new to this... Ive been playing w/ Corel, AutoCAD, and Mastercam, but am far from a pro... I would like to send a gasket out to whomever is rewarded this, so that they can reverse engineer it...

Later cutting is fine, I actually later yesterday evening added a post to the laser cutting/waterjetting forum to see if I could generate any interest.

This is a link to what the oem gasket looks like...

jrobson1

Hi there

PM me, you might have a problem just simply making these, I'm willing to discuss it with you if you want, just an idea though of the finish quality between laser and cnc:

HPIM2798.jpg

runner4404spd

do the top and bottom of the flange need to be surfaced? is there a flatness requirement? what about reliefs for the tubes that will be welded in?

STCCOMPOSITES

Maybe I didnt put as much though into this as I thought I did... I am used to having direct communication w/ a vendor so we sit down and I give em all the info...

So let's see if I can recap...

1/2" billet steel CNC'd, sorry no water/laser due to socket
flange reverse engineered from OEM gasket
needs to be flat!
no reliefs needed, but just the opposite..

Check this out,
http://www.rossmachineracing.com/images/intakeparts/sciontcflangefrt2.jpg

I'd like the same idea, except in the inner portion of the socket, I want it to be straight through. No inner lip. I'd like the socket to extend appx 1/4" from the flange, as pictured in the link...

The manifold is going to be CNC'd in 1/2s and tig'd together. They will have reliefs built into them to receive the flange... And they will be tig's to the flanges... Just some FYI as to reasoning behind everything...

I'd like to have all quotes in by this Friday, 5/30/08, for a qty of 5 being made. Please quote on best price and ship date you have available.

Depending on quality of received pieces, more work to follow. Some more billet, and some aluminum...

Thanks for your assistance!
Steve

runner4404spd

Steve,

can you post an IGES file of the 3d part? also what are the tolerances of the sockets for the tubes. i would be glad to work on helping you create a final drawing so you can get better quotes for this job.

in your initial DXF i can't get the outline of the flange to show up on my cam program.

so basically if you want a 1/2 flange plus a 1/4 in socket above that so we need to start with 3/4 plate? or do you want a 1/4 flange plus 1/4 tall socket for a final dimension of 1/2 tall?

bobk

Hello Steve,
I've veiwed your drawing and all I found was an outline of the part with holes for mounting and the exhaust tube holes. There were no details or dimensions, is this correct? I opened it with four different programs and that's the best I got! If this is correct, the print should be refined for accurate quotation. I can provide services for Engineering and Drafting at an hourly rate. I would require a more detailed drawing for Machining quote. The only other option would be time + materials on Machining. If your interested please PM me and we can go over the details.

Thanks

STCCOMPOSITES

Runner, Correct... Total thickness would be 3/4"...

I have someone currently working on doing up a real 3d CAD file, so once I get that it will be posted...

Thanks everyone for all your interest, I will keep everyone posted.

Status
Not open for further replies.