Request For Quote- Flat Bar Adapter Brackets

Status
Not open for further replies.

jbanks

Pretty simple adapter bracket.

1) Material type
HRS Steel Bar 3/16 - 1 1/4
2) Is a material quote required or is material supplied.
YOU Provide Material
3) Quantity
20pcs
4) Drawings should be immediately available or necessary specs.
Available
5) Required time frame
Let Me Know
6) RFQ ending time
8/26/09

9) Make known any special treatments/finishes not necessarily related to the machining process.
No Finish Necessary - Or...Semi Gloss black spray paint.

The welded in screws shown in the drawing can be replaced with "weld in" or "press-in" studs. The length of the studs is not important as long as they protrude 1/2 Inch out the other side but not longer than 1.25 Inches.

I can provide the screws if you like.

You can quote shipping or I can provide a UPS label.

Thanks
Jason

Attachments

• PDM-C-to-200mm.pdf
    35 KB · Views: 140

jbanks

Final Quotes

Hi everyone. Listed below are the quotes I received. I'm keeping it anonymous in case some of the bidders would like it that way. They listed in reverse order to the way I received them. Quote 1 was the last one I received. Etc. I have not ranked them.

Quote 1
-------
50 dollars shipped, can get it out by saturday. Tack weld fine? Send information to ****@****.com
--------------------
Quote 2
-------
I would like to quote on this job for you at $20ea for 20pcs with a one week delivery. I would also like you to provide us with the screws and the UPS label for shipment or your UPS account number. I hope to hear from you soon.
--------------------
Quote 3
-------
I can fabricate your brackets per your specifications for $3.75 ea (uncoated) or $4.75 ea (painted gloss black). 7.75% sales tax will be added unless you are out of state (not in Texas) or resale form provided. Shipping charges would be handled by you (you provide UPS label).

The bar stock would be saw cut and de-burred. The holes will be drilled in a CNC milling machine for accuracy and repeatability, and the screws will be TIG welded in place (assuming tack-welds would be sufficient). Painting will be primed and painted using Rustoleum spray paint.

Payment would be required prior to shipment.

I could have these pieces ready for shipment by Tuesday (9/1) uncated, or Wednesday (9/2) painted.

Please feel free to call me or email me with any questions or comments.
--------------------
Quote 4
-------
This one came to me in a PDF attached to my e-mail. Very professional looking. Various terms and a place to sign for acceptance.

PDM-C to 200mm Adapter – Bare Steel $7.00 Each
PDM-C to 200 mm Adapter – Semi-Gloss Black $10.00 Each
COD Payment Terms Shipped on my UPS Account
--------------------
Quote 5
-------
$200 not including S&H for all 20.
--------------------
Quote 6
-------
Hi, I will quote $5.50/part U.P.S shipping included.
--------------------
Quote 7
-------
I would like to see more details like tolerance for the dimensions and flatness of material and the studs or screws you where talking about like what kind of screws are they etc.
The more info helps to have a job go smoothly and have a happy client.

Here is my quote based on what you have shown in your PDF file for your adaptor bracket. If you have any questions feel free to call or email me any time at ******************************************
I have plenty of time to do the job now.

for 20 pcs. HRS
Description Amount

Adaptor Plt. Labor 55.00
Material 39.20
Shipping Approx. 23.26
Total 117.46
--------------------
Quote 8
-------
Good morning.
Our quote for the 20 PDM-c To 200MM Adapter is $9.19/ea. shipping from NH.
Thank you and have a great week end.
--------------------
Quote 9
-------
Hello, I would like to submit the following quote for your consideration.

Adapter bracket 20 pcs. @ $ 7.50 ea.

Screws and welding included
1-2 week delivery
net 10 payment
tolerance + - .005

If I can help you on this or any other project please contact me.
--------------------
Quote 10
--------
Hi, thanks for giving us the chance to quote your project.
We can make these for you with welded in screws as shown including shipping for $7.13 each. Can have these ready to ship this Friday.
--------------------
Quote 11
-------
7.25 each. I think they can go in a flat rate box which will reduce shipping cost
--------------------
Quote 12
--------
I can make these adapters for $8.00 each shipped with no paint.
--------------------

Pretty funny the Highest $20 each and the lowest $2.50(includes shipping) came in at the very end.

I figured material on this was anywhere from $9.00 to $13.00 for all of them. Most quotes came in around $7.00 which I think is fair.

I PM'd someone to inquire about getting started.

Thanks
Jason

m72160w

I have 4 quotes so far. Pretty close in price.

brkt 1----$4.10 each
brkt 2----$5.99 each
brkt 3----$1.95 each

Williams Machine is a service oriented, machine shop. We are looking for long-term relationships that benefit both parties. My customers will be advised of all aspects of the job, from beginning to end, via e-mail. We will, probably never be accused of being the cheapest, but when quality and delivery are important, we are the shop you need to consider.

We prefer to be paid in US currency because we are in the US and rubals, francs and pounds don’t pay the bills.

We include bill in each order, and send reminder bill at about 30 days.

We prefer to be paid 30-60 days from completion and receipt of job (if you want to leave laying on counter for two weeks, that’s your business but we can’t afford to finance it ),or in respect to what is agreed to on rfq.

We go out of our way to satisfy all requirements of print. If there is a problem, we will make every effort to satisfy customer.We do not grovel, kiss-butt, or beg for mercy, if there is a problem. As much as we try to avoid it, we are human too!

On orders over $1000.00 ,or on orders where we have to contract other services ,like plating, we expect to get down payment,usually 30%-50%, to help with cost of material.We do not add mark-up of material to price of job, what we have to pay for material ,is the same price you pay.

We are a small company just getting started. We expect and need to get paid in a timely manner. Ask any question and expect only an honest answer.We want to be your vendor of choice.We are in business to make a profit, to support our families,and to build business.

On fabrication, we will only use certified welders. When practical, we will use outside vendors, that we will stand behind, to assure quality. Quality is the only concern, we have in this respect.

After 60 days, finance charge will be added to purchase price (whatever I have to pay to tote your loan )
After 90 days, clean up spare bedroom , we’re moving in.

You are responsible for all applicable taxes.

These are guidelines. I broke my hammer and chisel, so nothing is set in stone. Ammendments can be made as long as it agreeable to both parties. So there!

rowdy

Update

Why was this posted again?

I thought this was over.

It was not "posted again". When he posted the update, the category pops to the top of the list.

I for one appreciate the updates as it lets me see what the current climate is as far as quoting and such.

Thanks for the update.

Rowdy

m72160w

williams machine

Pretty simple adapter bracket.

1) Material type
HRS Steel Bar 3/16 - 1 1/4
2) Is a material quote required or is material supplied.
YOU Provide Material
3) Quantity
20pcs
4) Drawings should be immediately available or necessary specs.
Available
5) Required time frame
Let Me Know
6) RFQ ending time
8/26/09

9) Make known any special treatments/finishes not necessarily related to the machining process.
No Finish Necessary - Or...Semi Gloss black spray paint.

The welded in screws shown in the drawing can be replaced with "weld in" or "press-in" studs. The length of the studs is not important as long as they protrude 1/2 Inch out the other side but not longer than 1.25 Inches.

I can provide the screws if you like.

You can quote shipping or I can provide a UPS label.

Thanks
Jason

$4.25 each

Status
Not open for further replies.