Freshwater Models - Casting

Freshwater Models is a small one man shop specializing in miniature castings. I make model kits with parts spincast in urethane resin, Britannia Metal (pewter), and zinc-aluminum.

I make vulcanized silicone rubber molds from your (preferably metal) pattern which needs to be able to withstand heat and pressure. I also use RTV silicone and low temperature/pressure silicone rubbers to allow more fragile materials to be used as patterns.

My primary method of casting metal is spincasting. Spincasting is an econiomical method of casting parts in quantities between 25-1000. Spincasting produces nice surface finishes on metal parts approaching that of an investment casting. Parts are very uniform with the most variance being in the Z axis.

I also spincast and pressure cast urethane resin parts. These methods are capable of producing resin parts similar in quality to injection molded parts. These processes are in many cases more econimical than injection molding since the mold cost is a fraction of the cost of a metal mold.

I am a small one man shop and strive to provide quality service. Quotes are per part based on a set up charge, materials and casting time. I do not generally do "rush" jobs due to the nature of the work and being a one man shop. Turnaround time is usually about two weeks. I do business on eBay as user name freshwatermodels.

If you need miniature parts cast please contact me for a quote.

Thanks for your consideration!