Request For Quote- G10 Handles

Status
Not open for further replies.

harlen

I need 200 of each of these two files. Tolerance is +- .01" I need them milled with a 1/4" ball mill with 1/8" step over at a 45 degree angle to create a texture similar to the picture attached with both sides of the knife going the same direction once they are attached (basically a 3D planar slice one side at 45' the other at 135').

I will supply the material which comes in .25"x8.5"x11.5" sheets. I can get larger sheets up to 4'x8' if it helps to lower the costs.

I need this to be completed and parts in my possession within 6 weeks after you receive the material, my zip code is 98387. If you get the bid the materials will be shipped Monday morning and should arrive anywhere in the USA within 5 days. Bidding is open until 8AM Sat Aug 11th. You must be a reputable shop and not a hobbyist to be considered for the job. Absolutely no one outside of the USA will be considered. All of my products are completely made in the USA.

Thankyou,

Harlen Shaw
harlen@shaw-shanks.com
shaw-shanks.com
Twin.jpg
View attachment Battalion Knife Handle R.dxf
View attachment Battalion Knife Handle L.dxf

Mark_MT

Harlen,
I have a few questions about your parts. I have a machine open and would definitely like the opportunity to quote these for you.
Please give me a call if you can.
Thank you
Mark Cummings
Kimir Machine
sales@kimirmachine.com
(406)883-0873

harlen

Sorry apperantly the .dxf files I uploaded are just the 2D outline. I use bobart to create the 3D surface, I'm not sure how to export the file from bobart, so I'll tell you the best I can how I want it created. I use an emboss tool to create the surface with an convex edge that goes to from the edge to .2" thick at .3" from the edge. The same convex is used on the outside handle and inside holes.

Hope that I described that properly, if you have any questions just ask.

harlen

Closed

Thank you for all who spent their time quoting this job for me. The job has been awarded and I am no longer seeking quotes at this time.

Thank you,
Harlen Shaw
shaw-shanks.com

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.