I amzingly found price for ball screw in USA is 5 TIMES of the same products in CHINA

tengdaxin

I am new to this website and I was amazingly found the price is so......high for spare parts such as ball screw, shaft coupling, lock nut and so on!!!

It is really unbelivable for me and now I realize that the products I have exported to europe and north america are so competitive.

I am christine wang from China. My title is marketing manager of Tianjin Tengdaxin Mechnical and Electrical Products. Co.,Ltd. I will make quotation for you for all products we can produce. Hopefully, our coperation can help you to save cost for your company!!!

Pls visit our website: www.tjtengdaxin.com

e-mail: fiona2005@live.cn; 12900721@qq.com

Dualkit

Go away Chinese spammer. The reason why your products are cheap is because they are poorly made out of inferior materials.

tengdaxin

I don't wanna argue with you for the quality but I have heard that even american olympic sportsman also wear clothes made in china?

Why american government choose sth poorly made out of inferior materials in olympic games? And Why american government choose to use national flag made in china?

Dualkit

Did she (?) send all of us a PM or was I just lucky?

I got one too. I doubt she is even a she. Ever notice how every Chinese spammer has an American woman's first name? People buy Chinese crap on price only, it has nothing to do with quality. I wish the board was moderated better, the constant spamming is annoying. When one Chinese spammer dies, another takes it's place.

tengdaxin

you even did not answer my question. what a pity. a person just view things unfairly and segmentarily.

I get to know why this country is getting down and afraid of new start countries in the world. THEY just do NOT want to see the TRUTH!!

When chinese people win olmpics games ,they even doubt about it. It is too ridiculous. I am here to find oppotunity to coperate with sb. Obviously, I am wasting my time. Anyhow, I believe products made in china could occupy most of market finally.......

Dualkit

Always wonder why Chinese companies who are trying to market to English speaking people don't get someone who speaks and writes proper English? Also Chinese aren't going to win the Olympics, the track and field events haven't even started yet, a place where the Chinese won't even win one medal.

Last edited:

tengdaxin

I still keep confident to improve our products anyhow. In past decades, chinese people have caught up many developed nations which used to look down upon us. NOW we can do many things that we cannot realize before.

The purpose we visit here is to look for business oppotunity insteading of blaming sb. If you wanna to save money, you can visit our website and contact me: www.tjtengdaxin.com

Besides, I would like to let you know why there are so many female sales because woman is good at language learning. Most of people engaged in international business must be well in spoken and written english so many female could be more qualified than male sales.

I think it is very easy to understan it for a people with logical thinking way. DON't be surperise at sth NORMAL, guys.

tengdaxin

Really? Let's see the result. Only Track and Field stand for olmpic games? I don't think you are a person with fair and logical thinking way. evrybody knows what i mean.

tengdaxin

TBI ball scrw is made in TAIWAN. serveral days ago, I have checked ads here, certaim american company sell it with really a high price. Tianjin Tengdaxin Mechnical & Electrical Products Company (www.tjtengdaxin.com) also sell the same products but with lower price. If you are interested, pls visit our website or mail me: fiona2005@live.cn

Dualkit

TBI ball scrw is made in TAIWAN. serveral days ago, I have checked ads here, certaim american company sell it with really a high price. Tianjin Tengdaxin Mechnical & Electrical Products Company (www.tjtengdaxin.com) also sell the same products but with lower price. If you are interested, pls visit our website or mail me: fiona2005@live.cn

Taiwan quality as a whole is 10 times better than anything made in main land China. I noticed you always promote your cheap Chinese junk on price as that is the only selling point.

tengdaxin

TBI ball screw, shaft coupling, shaft collar,lock nut,motor bracket, nut support and other spare parts

If anyone wants to seek more business oppotunities in fields of spar parts, pls visit our website: www.tjtengdaxin.com or mail me at fiona2005@live.cn; I will make quotation for your and provide samples at your demand.

tengdaxin

Ball screw
Our ball screw assembly has the advantages of high efficiency, low energy consumption, long service life, large loading capacity, high precision, small starting torque, easy maintenance, high sensitivity, easy lubricating, etc. Now we are exporting large quantities of ball screws to Europe and North America. Customers are very satisfied with quality, delivery time, as well as competitive price.
The series include outer circulation and inner circulation. Shaft material is SCM 450m nut is SCM 415, ball is SUJ2. Precision ranges from C0-C10.
Our super-long high precision heavy-duty ball screw whose length is more than or equal to 12m and diameter is 250mm has reached internationally advanced level. The ball screw is characterized by stylish structure and reliable performance. Its accuracy reserve is 10-20%. 12m CNC thread grinder and 10m ball screw dynamic monitor are utilized to process and inspect ball screw raceway.
Ball screw has following different types: high speed ball screw, stocked ball screw series, stock ground ball screw series, ground ball screw with end machining,
Nut type codes: S single nut, D double nut, F with flange, C without flange
Please find more parameters for ball screw in our products information: lead, ball diameter, number of circuits, stiffness, basic dynamic rating load(kgf), basic static rating road(kgf).

Pls visit our website: www.tjtengdaxin.com

bmachfab

YES. I came to this site back in May. There were RFQ's almost daily and I recieved several contracts from this site in May and June. There has not been a Mill RFQ in over 2 weeks and a Lathe RFQ in over a month. The spammers have driven everyone away from this site. I do not blame those who do not wish to post RFQ's here any more. I just wish the administration would remove the spam and block them from this site. I have had all of the reading about "lath wok" I can stand at this point. Are we talking about machining or cooking Chinese food. There is one thing that brings me back to this site daily and it is the laughter at Dualkit's comments. I will be back tomorrow for more exciting comments. Dualkit, you are the man.

Dualkit

I would be very interest in the Lathe wok. I am a bachelor who can get very busy being a one man machine shop, I live in the middle of nowhere, the closest fast food joint is almost 15 miles away so I cook for myself. My shop is on my property (10 acres) so sometimes I try to cook on the BBQ or stove and keep working. This leads to a lot of over cooked food, a lot of it I throw away as I don't have a dog. If the lathe wok can cut metal and cook my food it would save me a lot of money and time. I wonder if it comes in CNC? That would be great! Seems like the Chinese have a great idea with the lathe wok, it is probably the only thing they haven't copied from someone else.

tengdaxin

Shaft coupling
TLK series coupling products of TDX company
 Slit type flexible coupling TLK1 series includes setscrew type ( parallel ) and setscrew type (spiral). Body material could be made of aluminum alloy or stainless steel.

Parallel type keeps following features: 1. one-piece metallic spring coupling;2. little torque shaft connect; 3. zero backlash; 4. absorption of parallel, angular misalignments and shaft end-play by spring action; 5. identical clockwise and anticlockwise rotational characteristics; 6. setscrew type.

Spiral type keeps following features: 1. one-piece metallic spring coupling;2. little torque shaft connect; 3. zero backlash; 4. absorption of parallel, angular misalignments and shaft end-play by spring action; 5. setscrew type.

parallel
 Slit type flexible coupling TLK2 series includes setscrew type (parallel), setscrew type (spiral), clamp type (parallel), and clamp type (spiral). Body material could be made of aluminum alloy or stainless steel.

Parallel type keeps following features: 1. one-piece metallic spring coupling; 2. zero backlash; 3. absorption of parallel, angular misalignments and shaft end-play by spring action; 4. identical clockwise and anticlockwise rotational characteristics; 5. setscrew type.

Spiral type keeps following features: 1. one-piece metallic spring coupling; 2. zero backlash; 3. absorption of large angular misalignments and shaft end-play by spring action; 4. setscrew type.

Clamp type (parallel) keeps following features: 1. one-piece metallic spring coupling; 2. zero backlash; 3. absorption of parallel, angular misalignments and shaft end-play by spring action; 4. identical clockwise and anticlockwise rotational characteristics; 5. clamp type.

Clamp type (spiral) keeps following features: 1. one-piece metallic spring coupling; 2. zero backlash; 3. absorption of parallel, angular misalignments and shaft end-play by spring action; 4. clamp type.

 Plate springs type flexible coupling TLK3 includes clamp type (single plate springs) and clamp type (double plate springs). Body material is aluminum alloy.

Clamp type (single plate springs) keeps following features: 1. plate spring coupling; 2. excellent response and high torque capacity; 3. zero backlash; 4. identical clockwise and anticlockwise rotational characteristics;5. stainless steel plate springs absorb angular misalignments and shaft end-play by spring action; 6. clamp type.

Clamp type (double plate springs) keeps following features: 1. plate spring coupling; 2. excellent response and high torque capacity; 3. zero backlash; 4. identical clockwise and anticlockwise rotational characteristics;5. stainless steel plate springs absorb angular misalignments and shaft end-play by spring action; 6. clamp type.
double plates

 Oldham type flexible coupling LK4 series includes setscrew type (Oldham) and clamp type (Oldham). Body material is aluminum alloy.

Setscrew type (Oldham) keeps following features: 1. Oldham type flexible coupling; 2. zero backlash; 3. allows high parallel and angular misalignments; 4. high torsional stiffness and response; 5. simple configuration enable ease of assembly; 6.setscrew type.

Clamp type (Oldham) keeps following features: 1. Oldham type flexible coupling; 2. zero backlash; 3. allows high parallel and angular misalignments; 4. high torsional stiffness and response; 5. simple configuration enable ease of assembly; 6.clamp type.
Oldham type
 TLK5 series also belongs to Plate springs type flexible coupling including clamp type (single plate springs) and clamp type (double plate springs). Body material is aluminum alloy.

Clamp type (single plate springs) keeps following features: 1. excellent response and high torque capacity; 2. zero backlash; 3. identical clockwise and anticlockwise rotational characteristics;4.. stainless steel plate springs absorb angular misalignments and shaft end-play by spring action;5. for servomotor, step-motor connect 6. clamp type.

Clamp type (double plate springs) keeps following features: 1. excellent response and high torque capacity; 2. zero backlash; 3. identical clockwise and anticlockwise rotational characteristics;4.. stainless steel plate springs absorb angular misalignments and shaft end-play by spring action;5. for servomotor, step-motor connect 6. clamp type.
 Bellows flexible coupling TLK6 series include set screw type (bellows) and clamp type (bellows). Body material is aluminum alloy.

Setscrew type (bellows) keeps following features: 1. excellent response and high torque capacity; 2. zero backlash; 3. identical clockwise and anticlockwise rotational characteristics;4.. spring action bellows configuration absorb parallel, angular misalignments and shaft end-play by spring action;5. setscrew type.

Clamp type (double plate springs) keeps following features: 1. excellent response and high torque capacity; 2. zero backlash; 3. identical clockwise and anticlockwise rotational characteristics;4.. spring action bellows configuration absorb parallel, angular misalignments and shaft end-play by spring action;5. clamp type.
TLK6 series
 Split type flexible coupling TLK7 series include setscrew type (parallel), clamp type (parallel), and keyway type (parallel). Body material could be aluminum alloy or stainless steel.
Parallel type keeps following features: 1. one-piece metallic spring coupling; 2. zero backlash; 3. absorption of parallel, angular misalignments and shaft end-play by spring action; 4. identical clockwise and anticlockwise rotational characteristics; 5. setscrew type.

Spiral type keeps following features: 1. one-piece metallic spring coupling; 2. zero backlash; 3. absorption of large angular misalignments and shaft end-play by spring action; 4. setscrew type.

Keyway type (parallel) keeps following features: 1. one-piece metallic spring coupling; 2. zero backlash; 3. absorption of large angular misalignments and shaft end-play by spring action; 4. keyway type.

 Curved jaw type flexible coupling TLK 8 includes setscrew type (curved jaw) and clamp type (curved jaw). Body is aluminum alloy.

Setscrew type keeps following features: 1. coupling assembled by pressing a polyurethane sleeve into hubs on both sides;2. can absorb vibration, parallel, angular misalignments and shaft end-ply identical clockwise and anticlockwise rotational characteristics; 3. resistance to oil and electrical insulation; 4. two different hardness sleeves are available; 5. setscrew type.

Clamp type following features: 1. coupling assembled by pressing a polyurethane sleeve into hubs on both sides;2. can absorb vibration, parallel, angular misalignments and shaft end-ply identical clockwise and anticlockwise rotational characteristics; 3. resistance to oil and electrical insulation; 4. two different hardness sleeves are available; 5. clamp type.
curved jaw
 Lcoking assemblies coupling TLK9 includes locking assemblies coupling (single plate springs) and locking assemblies coupling (double plate springs). Body material is steel.

Locking assemblies coupling (single plate springs) keeps following features: 1. excellent response and high torque capacity; 2. zero backlash; 3. identical clockwise and anticlockwise rotational characteristics;4.. stainless steel plate springs absorb angular misalignments and shaft end-play by spring action;5. for servomotor, step-motor connect 6. using locking assemblies connect, plate springs coupling.

Locking assemblies coupling (single plate springs) keeps following features: 1. excellent response and high torque capacity; 2. zero backlash; 3. identical clockwise and anticlockwise rotational characteristics;4.. stainless steel plate springs absorb angular misalignments and shaft end-play by spring action;5. for servomotor, step-motor connect 6. using locking assemblies connect, plate springs coupling.

 Locking assemblies flexible coupling (curved jaw) TLK 10 keeps following features: 1.using locking assemblies connect, curved jaw type flexible coupling;2.zero backlash; 3. excellent response and high torque capacity; 4. identical clockwise and anticlockwise rotational characteristics; 5. can absorb vibration, parallel, angular misalignments and shaft end-play. 5. for servomotor and step motor connect. 6. body material is aluminum alloy.

 Keyway type flexible coupling TLK11 includes keyway type coupling (single plate springs) and keyway type coupling (double plate springs). Body material is steel.
curved jaw
Keyway type (single plate springs) keeps following features: 1. using keyway connect, plate spring coupling;2. zero backlash; 3.excellent response and high torque capacity; 3. identical clockwise and anticlockwise rotational characteristics; 4inless steel plate springs absorb parallel, angular misalignments and shaft end-play; 5. for servomotor, step-motor connect.

Keyway type (double springs) keeps following features: 1. using keyway connect, plate spring coupling;2. zero backlash; 3.excellent response and high torque capacity; 3. identical clockwise and anticlockwise rotational characteristics; 4inless steel plate springs absorb parallel, angular misalignments and shaft end-play; 5. for servomotor, step-motor connect.
double plates and keyway type

 Encode coupling TLK12 keeps following features: polyester resin with glass fibers and for encode.

 Miniature rigid coupling TLK13 includes setscrew type(rigid) and clamp type (rigid).

Setscrew type (rigid) keeps following features: light weight, available in aluminum alloy and stainless steel and setscrew type.

Clamp type keeps following features: light weight, extremely low inertia and high response, available in aluminum alloy and stainless steel and clamp type.

 Locking assemblies coupling (bellows) TLK 14 keeps following feature: using locking assemblies connect, bellows type flexible coupling, zero backlash, spring action bellows configuration absorbs parallel, angular misalignments, and shaft end-play; bellows material is stainless steel.
Locking assemblies coupling includes single plate and double plate types. Body material is steel. Features are as following: 1. excellent response and high torque capacity; 2. zero backlash; 3. identical clockwise and anticlockwise rotational characteristics;4.. stainless steel plate springs absorb angular misalignments and shaft end-play by spring action;5. for servomotor, step-motor connect 6. using locking assemblies connect, plate springs coupling.
locking assembly coupling (bellows)
 Economics type includes Setscrew type (curved jaw) clamp type (curved jaw) and other several models. Body material is aluminum alloy but in good pric me and quality.
 TLK 15 grid coupling

We also provides different types of encoders. Please see following photos:
normal type

Christine WANG
Marketing Department
Tianjin Tengdaxin Electromechanical Products Co., Ltd.
Chunxiang Building, No. 91, Nankai District, Tianjin, China
Tel: 86 22 27682193
MP: 13820402166
MSN: fiona2005@live.cn
E-mail: mychristine@sohu.com

bmachfab

The Wok does not belong on this site. We are posting and seeking RFQ's here. This is what a Wok is. Translate, read then maybe you will realize this is not a site for cooking.

A wok (in Cantonese) (simplified Chinese: 镬; traditional Chinese: 鑊; Jyutping: wok6) is a versatile round-bottomed cooking vessel originating in China. It is one of the most common cooking utensils in China and also used in East and Southeast Asia.[1]

Woks are often used for stir frying, steaming, pan frying, deep frying, poaching, boiling, braising, searing, stewing, making soup, smoking and roasting nuts.[2] Wok cooking is done with a long handled chahn (spatula) or hoak (ladle). The long extensions of these utensils allow the cook to work with the food without burning the hand.

Contents [show]
1 Regional variants of the wok2 Characteristics 2.1 Materials2.2 Handles3 Cooking 3.1 Wok hei4 Wok stoves 4.1 Traditional4.2 Gas4.3 Electric4.4 Induction5 Advantages6 See also7 References

[edit] Regional variants of the wokMandarin Chinese uses different words for wok, simplified Chinese: 锅; traditional Chinese: 鍋; literally "cooking pot" guō or simplified Chinese: 炒菜锅; traditional Chinese: 炒菜鍋 chǎocàiguō. In Indonesia the wok is known as a penggorengan or wajan. In Malaysia it is called a kuali (small wok) or kawa (big wok). In the Philippines it is known as a kawali and also called a "wadjang". In Japan the wok is called a chukanabe (literally, "Chinese pot" or "中華鍋"). In India, two varieties of the wok exist: a more traditional Chinese style wok with a wider diameter called the "cheena chatti" (literally, "Chinese pot" in Malayalam and Tamil), and a slightly deeper vessel with a narrower diameter and a similar shape, known as a karahi. Woks may have originated during Chinese military marches, when soldiers began to give their helmets a double role at camp. It is for this reason that woks are also called chǎocàiguō, or "hat pot."[2]

[edit] Characteristics
A wok sits next to a karahi on a Western-style stove. Note that the flatter-bottomed karahi (right) is sitting on an ordinary burner cover, while the round-bottomed wok is balanced in a wok-ringThe wok's most distinguishing feature is its shape. Classic woks have a rounded bottom.[2] Hand-hammered woks are sometimes flipped inside out after being shaped, giving the wok a gentle flare to the edge that makes it easier to push food up onto the sides of the wok. Woks sold in western countries are sometimes found with flat bottoms — this makes them more similar to a deep frying pan. The flat bottom allows the wok to be used on an electric stove, where a rounded wok would not be able to fully contact the stove's heating element. A round bottom wok enables the traditional round spatula or ladle to pick all the food up at the bottom of the wok and toss it around easily; this is difficult with a flat bottom. With a gas hob, or traditional pit stove, the bottom of a round wok can get hotter than a flat wok and so is better for stir frying.

Most woks range from 300 to 2,000 mm (12 to 79 in) or more in diameter. Woks of 360 mm (14 in) (suitable for a family of 3 or 4) are the most common, but home woks can be found as small as 200 mm (8 in) and as large as 910 mm (36 in). Smaller woks are typically used for quick cooking techniques at high heat such as stir frying (Chinese: chǎo, 炒 or bao, 爆). Large woks over a meter wide are mainly used by restaurants or community kitchens for cooking rice or soup, or for boiling water.

[edit] MaterialsThe most common materials used in making woks today are carbon steel and cast iron.[2] Although the latter was the most common type used in the past, cooks tend to be divided on whether carbon steel or cast iron woks are superior.[further explanation needed]

Currently, carbon steel is the most widely used material,[3] being relatively inexpensive compared to those of other materials,[4] relatively light in weight, providing quick heat conduction, and having reasonable durability. Their light weight makes them easier to lift, while the thinner carbon steel heats quickly. However, carbon steel woks tend to be more difficult to season than those made of cast-iron ('seasoning', or carbonizing the cooking surface of a wok, is required to prevent foods from sticking, as well as removing metallic tastes and odors).[2] Carbon steel woks vary widely in price, style, and quality, which is based on ply and forming technique. The lowest quality steel woks tend to be stamped by machine from a single 'ply' or piece of stamped steel.[2] More inexpensive woks have a higher tendency to deform and misshape. Cooking with lower quality woks is also more difficult and precarious since they often have a "hot spot". Higher quality, mass-produced woks are made of heavy gauge (14-gauge or thicker) steel, and are either machine-hammered or made of spun steel.[2] The best quality woks are almost always hand-made, being pounded into shape by hand ("hand hammered") from two or more sheets of carbon steel which are shaped into final form by a ring-forming or hand-forging process.[2][5]

Two types of cast-iron woks can be found in the market. Chinese-made cast-iron woks are very thin (3 mm (0.12 in)), weighing only a little more than a carbon steel wok of similar size, while cast-iron woks typically produced in the West tend to be much thicker (9 mm (0.35 in)), and very heavy.[6] Because of the thickness of the cast-iron, Western-style cast-iron woks take much longer to bring up to cooking temperature, while making stir-frying and bao techniques difficult.[2]

Cast-iron woks form a more stable carbonized layer of seasoning which makes it less prone to food sticking on the pan. While cast-iron woks are superior to carbon steel woks in heat retention and uniform heat distribution, they respond slowly to heat adjustments and are slow to cool once taken off the fire.[2] Because of this, food cooked in a cast-iron wok must be promptly removed from the wok as soon as it is done to prevent overcooking.[2] Chinese-style cast-iron woks, although relatively light, are fragile and are prone to shattering if dropped or mishandled.[2]

Steel woks coated with non-stick coatings such as PFA and Teflon, a development originated in Western countries, are now popular in Asia as well.[2] These woks cannot be used with metal utensils, and foods cooked in non-stick woks tend retain juices instead of browning in the pan.[2] As they necessarily lack the carbonizing or seasoning of the classic steel or iron wok, non-stick woks do not impart the distinctive taste or sensation of "wok hei."[2] The newest nonstick coatings will withstand temperatures of up to 260 °C (500 °F), sufficient for stir-frying.[7][8] Woks are also now being introduced with clad or five-layer construction, which sandwich a thick layer of aluminum or copper between two sheets of stainless steel.[2] Clad woks can cost five to ten times the price of a traditional carbon steel or cast-iron wok, yet cook no better; for this reason they are not used in most professional restaurant kitchens.[2] Clad woks are also slower to heat than traditional woks and not nearly as efficient for stir-frying.[2]

Woks can also be made from aluminium. Although an excellent conductor of heat, it has somewhat inferior volumetric heat capacity as cast iron or carbon steel, it loses heat to convection much faster than carbon steel, and it may be constructed much thinner than cast iron. Although anodized aluminium alloys can stand up to constant use, plain aluminium woks are too soft and damage easily. Aluminium is mostly used for wok lids.

[edit] Handles
A stick-handled flat-bottomed peking pan. While the surface looks like Teflon, it is actually well-seasoned carbon steelThe handles for woks come in two styles: loops and stick.[2] Loop handles mounted on opposite sides of the wok are typical in southern China.[2] The twin small loop handles are the most common handle type for woks of all types and materials, and are usually made of bare metal. Cooks needing to hold the wok to toss the food in cooking do so by holding a loop handle with a thick towel (though some woks have spool-shaped wooden or plastic covers over the metal of the handle). Cooking with the tossing action in loop-handled woks requires a large amount of hand, arm and wrist strength. Loop handles typically come in pairs on the wok and are riveted, welded or extended from the wok basin.

Stick handles are long, made of steel, and are usually welded or riveted to the wok basin, or are an actual direct extension of the metal of the basin. Stick handles are popular in northern China, where food in the wok is frequently turned with a tossing motion of the arm and wrist when stir-frying food.[2] The classic stick handle is made of hollow hammered steel, but other materials may be used, including wood or plastic-covered hand grips.[2] Because of their popularity in northern China, stick-handled woks are often referred to as "pao woks" or "Peking pans". Stick handles are normally not found on cast iron woks since the wok is either too heavy for the handle or the metal is too thin to handle the tensile stress exerted by the handle.[2] Larger-diameter woks with stick-type handles frequently incorporate a "helper" handle consisting of a loop on the opposite side of the wok, which aids in handling.

[edit] CookingThe wok can be used in a large number of cooking methods. Before the introduction of western cookware it was often used for all cooking techniques including:[2][9]

Boiling: For boiling water, soups, dumplings, or rice. In the latter case, guoba often forms.
Braising: Braised dishes are commonly made using woks. Braising is useful when reducing sauces.
Deep frying: This is usually accomplished with larger woks to reduce splashing, but for deep frying of less food or small food items, small woks are also used.
Pan frying: Food that is fried using a small amount of oil in the bottom of a pan
Roasting: Food may be cooked with dry heat in an enclosed pan with lid. Whole chestnuts are dry roasted by tossing them in a dry wok with several pounds of small stones.
Searing: Food is browned on its outer surfaces through the application of high heat
Smoking: Food can be hot smoked by putting the smoking material in the bottom of the wok while food is placed on a rack above.
Steaming: Done using a dedicated wok for boiling water in combination with steaming baskets
Stewing: Woks are sometimes used for stewing though it is more common in Chinese cuisine to use either stoneware or porcelain for such purposes, especially when longer stewing times are required. Small woks are for hot pot, particularly in Hainan cuisine. These are served at the table over a sterno flame.
Stir frying: Frying food quickly in a small amount of oil over high heat while stirring continuously.
[edit] Wok heiWok hei (simplified Chinese: 镬气; traditional Chinese: 鑊氣; Jyutping: wok6 hei3; romanization based on Cantonese; and when literally translated into English, can be read as "Wok thermal radiation".[2][8] The second character is qi in Mandarin, and thus wok hei is sometimes rendered as wok chi in Western cookbooks) is the flavour, tastes, and "essence" imparted by a hot wok on food during stir frying.[2][10] It is particularly important for Chinese dishes requiring high heat for fragrance such as char kuay teow and beef chow fun.

To impart wok hei, the food must be cooked in a seasoned wok over a high flame while being stirred and tossed quickly.[2] For this reason it requires cooking over an open flame rather than an electric stove. In practical terms, the flavour imparted by chemical compounds results from caramelization, Maillard reactions, and the partial combustion of oil that come from charring and searing of the food at very high heat in excess of 200 °C (392 °F).[8] Aside from flavour, there is also the texture of the cooked items and smell involved that describes wok hei.

[edit] Wok stoves