Small Job Quote Needed Knobs for furniture

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anima

Hi there

I've looked everywhere in Denmark for these, but had no success. In my opinion, the knobs i'm looking for are really easy to manufacture for professionals, so i think it will be a breeze for you guys.

I'm thinking of some small details, like chamfering the front of the knob, and maybe some small groves along the body. If it could be polished, it would be perfect. However, if the milling process results in a shiny finish, then it's all good.

1) Material type - Pass. No requirements, but any kind of aluminium would be fine.
2) Is a material quote required or is material supplied? - material will not be supplied
3) Quantity? - about 12 pcs
4) Drawings should be immediately available or necessary specs - see attachment.
5) Required time frame - No time frame, but the sooner the better
6) RFQ ending time - 2 weeks
7) Full contact information should be supplied upon first contact by email from both parties, neither should have to reply to @.com

Name: Troels Bertelsen
Email: Zarnerkand@hotmail.com

Qoute:

12 pcs. with shipping and all other expenses calculated.

Please state if any info is missing, or if any questions arise.

Attachments

• Knob.PDF
    27.6 KB · Views: 81
Last edited:

Anima

unless i'm missing something. this looks like a lathe part. :D

You are indeed correct - either i'm reading poorly, or else there is no forum for lathe work only - i would have posted it in the

Production Mill and Lathe work
Need over 1,000 parts made requiring Milling and Lathe work post your RFQ here.

But needless to say, that my order is nowhere near 1,000:D

I've obtained 1 qoute thus far. I hope that i'll get more by the evening (it's 4 PM in Denmark:rolleyes:).

Please, don't hold back if there are any questions!

Anima

They have a Lathe section right under the MILL section :D:D

Ok, i just read "Turning work", and didn't belive (I must have translated it wrong) it had anything to do with lathe work. I'm new to this field.

I apologize for the mistake.

Now, can we get on with this qoute?

So far, i have a price of 2 dollars per piece + shipping to denmark. I don't expect there to be much competition, so if there aren't any other who feel like they can do better, i'll go with Art Siler (SSAB), who has contacted me via email.

Arty3000

so what are you going to do. i have the material this is why i bid what i bid. my machines have been sitting for awhile and i need something to keep the hydrualics lubed.

Anima

I everyone

I have made a finalized design, that i hope is possible.

Changes are:

Extrusion on the back is of a diametre of 4 mm (5 originally)
Chamfer and grooves along the body - those have been ditched
New detail added: an area shaped like a circle with diameter of 7 mm

Finish:

Extrusion on the back is not important.
The rest will be in shiny finish, however, the area on the font (marked with blue in detail.png) would be a bit more matte.

Please see attached pictures and plans.

I've had some inquiries over the night, and i'm gonna give everybody a chance to give it a shot.

Hopefully, I have made my mind by the end of the day. It's 9:30 AM in Denmark right now, so hopefully, you guys over in the states have enough time to respond.

Best regards, Troels

PS: the two pictures i have taken are: a picture of the knob i'm sort of looking for, and a picture that hopefully should give you an idea of the finish i'm looking after.

EDIT: Since it's my first project here on rfq, i don't know how to pay you guys. My initial suggestion is Paypal. Other methods are acceptable. When a winner has been found, i'll discuss further details on paying. You'll get the money up front.

Attachments

• IMG_0417 (Large).JPG
    IMG_0417 (Large).JPG
    66 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_0421 (Large).JPG
    IMG_0421 (Large).JPG
    56.7 KB · Views: 34
  • Knob.PDF
    44.1 KB · Views: 34
  • detail.jpg
    detail.jpg
    5.8 KB · Views: 38

Anima

I probably need to sort things out.

The reason why i have made a pdf AND a png, is because i could not get a good view of the detail on the front. It got mixed up with the extrude on the back.

Please see http://img206.imageshack.us/gal.php?g=knobfrontalview.png

The coloured circle/ area on the front, is where i hope to get a matte finish (compared to the rest). The body would preferably shine a bit, but it's not needed to polish it up like crome.

I hope this gives a better understanding of what i want.

I deeply apologize for the inconvinience I have caused:eek:.

Have a nice day, and don't hold back your questions!

Troels (Zarnerkand@hotmail.com)

Anima

Hi - are you Art Siler? (i presume it's you)

Are you still up for the job with the small changes in the design?

I hope the confusion of what i want is laid to rest, and that i can soon move on to the next phase: Choosing a machinest, and have them fabricated.

so what are you going to do. i have the material this is why i bid what i bid. my machines have been sitting for awhile and i need something to keep the hydrualics lubed.

Dualkit

I probably need to sort things out.

The reason why i have made a pdf AND a png, is because i could not get a good view of the detail on the front. It got mixed up with the extrude on the back.

Please see http://img206.imageshack.us/gal.php?g=knobfrontalview.png

The coloured circle/ area on the front, is where i hope to get a matte finish (compared to the rest). The body would preferably shine a bit, but it's not needed to polish it up like crome.

I hope this gives a better understanding of what i want.

I deeply apologize for the inconvinience I have caused:eek:.

Have a nice day, and don't hold back your questions!

Troels (Zarnerkand@hotmail.com)

You need to either design an indent or raise that 7mm area to allow an easy
application of a contrasting finish.

Anima

Ok, with the aid of a very helpful person, the part has been changed a bit to ensure more standard dimensions, and other tweaks to keep costs down.

I would like to get a qoute on these. It should work as they are now..

Material: Aluminium
Qty: 12
Drawings available: yes, see attached jpeg

Too all bidders, i deeply value your time and effort! - i'd like to hear from you again with the revised drawing.

I'll give it the weekend before i decide.

Have a nice weekend everyone

Attachments

• KNUB 2(2).jpg
    KNUB 2(2).jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 51

Anima

Hi guys

I just wanted to wrap this baby up:)

I've decided to award Madmachinest the job - because of recommendations from other clients on his hp, which have good experiences with him, and shipping overseas.

At a decent price, i've decided that i'll let him have a go.

Should he reject my offer, then i will contact my second pick.

I would like to thank you all for your time, and your interest in my project!

Best regards, Troels

Arty cnc

madmachinist must be doing these parts for free. it's noway he can do them for less than $2.00 a piece. and like i said the only reason why i bid that low because i had extra material. good luck

Dualkit

Dude, if you don't have at least 6 feet of extra 6061 .5" diameter lying around you are not a machinist. Anyways, It wasn't so much the price that got me the job but the guestbook/client reviews I have. Might help you in the long run. I'd also like to add something else. You guys may know me for my smart @$$ed remarks on that thread [Bold] prototype Needed[/Bold]. I would like to say that unlike other posters Anima knows what he wants. It only took about 5 conversations and now I get to work. It's reassuring every once in a while to have some one that knows what they wants and doesn't just post on here for $hits and Giggles.

What is that? I don't have any 6061 1/2" lying around myself and I bet I am as
skilled as you. I do have 24 feet of 1", if that counts. I am kind of amazed how
everyone seemed to "fight" over this job, I know it is rough out there, but when will the madness end?

Status
Not open for further replies.