Milling work

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cpt.Planet

1) Copper 110 alloy
2) You supply material
3) 10 for a prototype. Will be ordering in 50-100 batch quantities on a regular basis.
4) Check drawings for specs. All measurements are in MM. Tolerances .75mm would be fine. If you cant do that email me and we might beable to work something out. Link to drawing with square
5) 3 weeks
6) 2 weeks
7) Contact at mrjake22@gmail.com if you have any questions or need anything. I have a solid works part file you can look at as well.
8) I need the bottom side of this(opposite of the pinned side) to be flat. Overall finish I would like to be smooth.

sinksquarelt3.jpg

or

Attachments

• coresinksquare.pdf
    49.6 KB · Views: 75
Last edited:

cook

D & D Precision Machining
This is going to be a tough part, only 1mm between the posts at 5mm deep (ouch) On the two tabs sticking out from the sides can you tolerate any kind of a radius, for ease of manufacturing? (two setups instead of four) Have you looked at other ways of machining this part (EDM) I could provide you with a machined blank everything but the posts? Have you had this part made before? sorry to be long winded just curious.

Cpt.Planet

This is going to be a tough part, only 1mm between the posts at 5mm deep (ouch) On the two tabs sticking out from the sides can you tolerate any kind of a radius, for ease of manufacturing? (two setups instead of four) Have you looked at other ways of machining this part (EDM) I could provide you with a machined blank everything but the posts? Have you had this part made before? sorry to be long winded just curious.

When you say radius on the tabs what do you mean? I haven't had this made before. I was also thinking of maybe getting it forged. By the way its 2mm between each post. The posts can also be made taller if its easier to machine. I am really just looking for a good price.

cook

Looking a the view from the top where the two tabs meet the main body of the part you have a 90 deg corner. In order for me to provide you with this 90 deg corner I would have to approach the part from a different side (angle). if you look at the print at zone C-7 almost where they meet is where I'm talking about. Do you have a fax # and I will fax the drawing back to you with the radius drawn in? Just to make sure we are on the same page.

cook

Correct on the 2mm. The way it is drawn is 2mm from center line of the 1 mm posts this leaves 1mm between the posts. There is one more way to machine in the posts. You did say in your first post that the posts could be square. I could put this on a rotary table and use a slitting saw to machine in this detail (posts) Right now copper is not cheap. I can work up a price for you on monday.

Cpt.Planet

Correct on the 2mm. The way it is drawn is 2mm from center line of the 1 mm posts this leaves 1mm between the posts. There is one more way to machine in the posts. You did say in your first post that the posts could be square. I could put this on a rotary table and use a slitting saw to machine in this detail (posts) Right now copper is not cheap. I can work up a price for you on monday.

Thank you appreciate it.

Status
Not open for further replies.