Mori Seiki lathe-shop rate ONLY $30-$40 an hour

amcjeepcj

Hey everybody,

I own a machine shop and have a $100,000 Mori sitting still in the corner not being used. Anyway, my wife runs production and quality control at another company but asked me if she could run my lathe part time if I set it up for. (In other words quit her job, lol.) I thought about and here is how it will benefit both you and my wife.

I typically charge between $60-$150 an hour for what I do and I'm not interested in lathe work anymore for myself nor do I want to sell the machine because I need it a few times a year for some specialized products.

Jami doesn't need to make a lot of money and she'd rather not work more than 15-30 hours a week so she can be home with our son. Since the machine is paid for and we have almost zero overhead I thought I would make someone out there a terrific offer.

Basically, you pay for materials, the EXACT cost of inserts used and shipping along with her hourly rate of between $30-$40 an hour. I (Carl,) will program and setup the lathe and Jami will run and ship your parts. (I'll also be responsible for quality control on your parts.) Simple as that...

I should mention that I do not need any headaches so if you need tolerances less than +-.001 I will not take the work on for her. She's more than capable of doing it and the machine is, well, a Mori, lol I think that says enough but I just don't know if she has the 'touch' for ULTRA precision work yet...

So anyone out there interested in lowering the costs of some of their parts/products, please feel free to email me at 'carl@miabc.us' and I'd be happy to look at your prints.

Also, if you'd like to give me a price per part you'd like to pay, email me a print and price, I'll look it over and give you a yay or nay...

Like I said, she doesn't want a ton of work so this is for batch work of a few hundred or thousand at a time and she only needs a few customers, so first come, first serve... ((I do NOT want to find her small runs, this defeats the whole purpose!! Cuz' I'm stuck doing setups and programming, NO THANK YOU!!)

I think the ideal customer is someone not wanting to plunk down a lot of coins on a high dollar cnc lathe of their own but has parts they're already having built and would like to lower their overhead on the manufacturing costs...

THIS IS NOT IDEAL FOR EVERYBODY SO PLEASE THINK OVER EXACTLY WHAT I'M OFFERING AND FEEL FREE TO EMAIL ME WITH QUESTIONS, COMMENTS OR CONCERNS!!

PS
I (Carl) have run the machine approximately 3,500 hours on literally tons and tons of SS, aluminum, tool steel and just everything else including plastics and PVC. I've owned my shop 12 years and am a fourth generation machinist/mold maker/tool maker, I build my own products and normally not interested in job shop work but this is an exception that I thought could benefit you, my wife and my son...