Request For Quote- Need 100 now 1000's later

Status
Not open for further replies.

mike

Hello

I'm looking for 100 1.5" round x .25" thick aluminum blanks. must be polished and anodized black. Thinking 6061 but any anodized aluminum will be fine.

Rather than polished a smooth finish would be acceptible, no burs or machine marks slight radius on edge Ok. Finished item needs to have a slight reflectivity like a gloss paint would have, anodzing is a requirement though.

Please price in qty's 100, 500, 1000

Mike

Last edited:

berg_mfg

i can do them for
100 pcs. = $15.00 each
500 pcs. = $12.00 each
1000 pcs. = $10.00 each
price includes 6061 material and anodizing

thanks ANDY BERG

BERG MFG
4455 D ROAD
BARK RIVER, MI 49807

EMAIL BERG_MFG@YAHOO.COM

Hello

I'm looking for 100 1.5" round x .25" thick aluminum blanks. must be polished and anodized black. Thinking 6061 but any anodized aluminum will be fine.

Rather than polished a smooth finish would be acceptible, no burs or machine marks slight radius on edge Ok. Finished item needs to have a slight reflectivity like a gloss paint would have, anodzing is a requirement though.

Please price in qty's 100, 500, 1000

Mike

Mike, you are not very nice

Slamming berg_mfg, " I didn't need gold plating" shows how stupid you really are. You are too lazy to answer my requests for additional information to accurately quote the job, yet you complain about his price. FYI his was on the low side based on the information given. I suggest buying your own machines and have a "real business" before belittling others for making an honest effort and quoting a job on the light side that benefits wanna bees like yourself more than his shop.

XYZ Machine

Whoa go Fred!!

My opinion exactly Fred. Go out and spend 100k on a CNC lathe then tool it up, make the parts , buy a vibratory burr machine, clean and package , send to anodizer, get back check parts again, pack ship to you! Then you can call and bitch that they are not what! And we should do them for $.25 cents each..............................

Better yet hire some illegals seeing we have plenty of them and get them to hacksaw, file and sand them from bar stock for you.

Now aren't you really glad you had to be a smart ass???

If one guy will do them for $2 and another is $10 throw away the high quote and go on, but if most shops are $10 and the other guy is $2 do you think it's going to be what you needed???

AxisMachine

Quotes

I don't post on these forums because of these reasons, I look at most of them and quote jobs that I can do comfortably and that I'll make money at.
Like the quote on here for the plastic turbine, super high production jobs or anything that looks remotely hard I don't do. I'm trying to do this full time and I would like to stick to local customers just to try and build my name up, but every once and awhile something on here strikes my interest I bid on it and I have been told that I'm super high on pricing and sometimes super low.

The fact is that some people don't know what it takes to properly machine or to even quote jobs for that matter, I can't stand when 10 mins after someone posts an Rfq, bang theres a bid, cmon. The best if possible that I can do on a quote is at least 1-2 days.Then you get shops that do this full time and this is there livelyhood and they have to charge for the lights on, the electric bill, the $1200 a month machine payment and they quote there jobs accordingly. People don't think about the little things that are required to run shops.

I have been in this business for a long time and I finally have decided to venture on my own, I work my A$$ of for what I have and I'm finally starting to build a back log so I'm starting to bid my jobs accordingly to what I described above, before I would have done these for $.50 a piece and been happy with it, Now it's becoming a little different and I charge more accordingly to the job.

Fred, like I said I watch these alot and on some jobs I think to myself how in the Heck do you things for that price and on some things its the opposite, I'm twice as more. I see Andy berg's response on here and I bet it's the same way with him and with other people also.

But on these particular pieces, I can't see where you can charge $15.00 a piece, but yeah whatever it's like I described above maybe your electric bill is bigger than mine.

Please don't take any of this the wrong way it's not meant to offend anybody. I just had to say these things.

This also, I just love when I see some goof quote a job for less than it costs me to get material, some of these guys quote jobs for less than the cost to put gas in my truck and drive to the yard and steal the material.

These are the guys that have to get off this forum and it would produce more customers on here, because there the ones that give the $1 a piece jobs and do crap work and cause bad experiences.

I had to vent a little,

axismachine, that part according to the description would require both side to be turned. I have yet to part a large diameter piece and have an acceptable finish on the back side. It is a cheap part if you can cut it in one operation and only need one side finished. The next problem is the anodizing, how does the anodizer hold the parts so you have a nice uniform finish? Not to mention getting them to the anodize shop, about an hour and half plus fuel and time away from the shop. All this for 100 pieces, plus the cost to anodize my guess around $125 for the 100 piece lot, then $200 + for aluminum, at least an hour before you get the first part off, thats if you have a spindle liner already installed. I am not chucking 100 parts by hand!!. So much for that BS, the reason I "bid" some jobs on here ultra low is because I usually smell a rat, that is when 2 morons meet, myself for quoting that low and the buyer for not taking us up on the offer. The serious ones get the honest quotes.

Dualkit

I agree with the last few posters, from the description I would have thought the
part required turning both sides and hand lapping. Knowing that and knowing were are amongst the chance of a no charge for material and set-up type, I
did not waste a bid. I always wondered where the people that bid less than material are getting their material, are they moonlighters stealing from
work? Or is it someone finding a dusty piece in a corner they haven't used in
10 years, not knowing 6" inch round 6061 is over $60 a foot now, or do
they have poor math skills and cost 6" aluminum at 6 times the 1" price?
Bids with in 10 minutes of posting? They don't amaze me as much as the
people who bid on parts without tolerances, like they would charge the same
whether holding +/- .0001 or +/- .005. Another favorite, people that claim not
to charge for programming or set-ups. I wonder if that impresses customers?
To me it says "My work is so poor, I must give it away". So like anyone else
we must pick and choose what we bid on, I try to gauge which parts the people who work for free like and stay away. Curious how many of these bids
do you guys win? I think I have bid 25 times and won once, at least it was
a repeat customer and the shop rate came out ok. Ok, I am done venting.

berg_mfg

Hey Mike I Don't Know What Kind Of A Biz. You Run But Where I'm From If You Don't Like A Quote You Recived You Throw It Out And Move On You Don't Openley Post And Make Fun Of It On Here There Is A Reason For The Price If You Would Have Emailed Or Called Me I Would Have Explaned It To You ANDY BERG , OWNER
BERG MFG

mike

I'm very sorry for ruffling any feathers here, Please except my sincere apologies...
Mike

Hey Mike I Don't Know What Kind Of A Biz. You Run But Where I'm From If You Don't Like A Quote You Recived You Throw It Out And Move On You Don't Openley Post And Make Fun Of It On Here There Is A Reason For The Price If You Would Have Emailed Or Called Me I Would Have Explaned It To You ANDY BERG , OWNER
BERG MFG

Status
Not open for further replies.