Request For Quote- need CAM work (files) for simple aluminum prototype part

kb0thn

Hello RFQWork,

We have 3 axis CNC knee mill in house. Don't have reasonable CAM software. I am looking for someone to program a simple part and generate the code I can run.

Link below to down ZIP file with Solidworks 2010 file, IGES, and STP file.
http://www.aprsworld.com/tmp/pmgCoverPlate_rearingBearing_release_20110111.zip
Dimensions are in millimeters. Part is 0.887" / 22.525mm thick, just as a scale reference.

Mill has 3HP spindle. No flood cooling. May run small mister, blow chips by hand, or spray WD40 by hand. Machine is terrible at plunging. Healthy cuts at 20 IPM are fine, but plunges should be about 5IPM or less. Just run the spindle at 5400 (max).

Will be cut from 1" plate. So cut profile to 0.9" and I will take care of flipping the part over and facing to final thickness / drilling holes on back side.

First line of code should %. Format is pretty much generic Fanuc. Tool change location is x=0 y=0 z=2.

I would like to rough using 1/2" 3 flute corn cob rougher. And finish using 3/8" three flute solid carbide. I am looking for two files: 1/2" roughing. And 3/8" finishing. I will write the program to drill the small features. Origin is the middle of the part.

I would like to pay $50 for this. It seems like 30 minutes of work with decent software. I am open to other pricing - perhaps I am over or under estimating. Can pay with Visa card, company check, or PayPal.

This is a prototype part that will be made just a handful of times. I don't need the worlds fastest or best cycle. I will be standing at the controls and can speed up or slow down feed as needed. I don't want to spend a bunch of time watching it cut air.

Until I get decent CAM software and have the time to use it, I will be needing more work like this. Would prefer to find one person / company that gives me a reasonable price and result.

Need essentially ASAP.

kb0thn

help found

Wow, that was quick. I have found someone less than 10 hours after posting this request.

Thanks,

-Jim

HamiltonCustoms

I can help you with your CAD-CAM need I have surfcam and mastercam I can do 2D or 3D work

Send me what ever you need done

(we can open most cad files and can help with the design and engineering of your project)
Please contact: Timothy C. Hamilton
Phone or text: (517) 605-6404
E-mail: hamiltoncustoms@gmail.com

ocmfg

Oc Manufacturing
Jim,

I'm glad i could help

Thanks
Steve

OC Manufacturing
Steven C Cobb
E-Mail occbuilders@hotmail.com