Request For Quote- One of for small jig / holder / Vise for 50 Caliber shells

Status
Not open for further replies.

wdugdale

I need a holder or vise that will securely hold 2 50 Caliber shell in place, so that they can be CNC Milled into Bottle Opener.

I believe it will be made from Aluminm that is .50" thick and 1.25" high.
The total size of (Front, Back and sides) is 3.75" X 4.95"
The side rails are 3.95" long...no worked needed on them.
The rear piece is 3.75" long with 2 holes drilled in at 1.25" on center. The rear piece will be milled in half at the center line of the holes. 2 threaded screw hole will be milled from the top down to secure the 2 halfs together to form a type of vise to secure the shells.

The front piece is 3.75" long with 2 SLOTS milled into it, not holes...1.25" on center... so that the end of the shells will fit in. It will be milled in half at the center line of the olds. 2 threaded screw holes will be milled from the top down, to secure the 2 halfs together to form a type of vise to secure the shells.

I will provide Diagrams and measurments for 50 Caliber shells.... that info will follow shortly.

This is a one off, so that i can start producing Bottle Openers on a hobby CNC machine.

Last edited:

wdugdale

Attachment files

Sorry...here are the files that I mentioned in the original post.

Attachments

• Front Panel for 50 BMG Holder-2 shells.jpg
    Front Panel for 50 BMG Holder-2 shells.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 40
  • Back Panel for 50 BMG Holder   - 2 shells.jpg
    Back Panel for 50 BMG Holder - 2 shells.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 24
  • Half view of Browning_50_cal_M2_Cartridge_Case_Gridded_850.jpg
    Half view of Browning_50_cal_M2_Cartridge_Case_Gridded_850.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 23

wdugdale

Here is an updated Specification. This one is less work and will probably come within my budget.

Attachments

• ModifiedPlans.pdf
    120.8 KB · Views: 45
Status
Not open for further replies.